CUES is the world's leading manufacturer of closed circuit television video (CCTV) inspection, rehabilitation, pipe profiling equipment and pipeline inspection/asset management software for sanitary and storm sewers, industrial process lines, and water lines. With our headquarters and manufacturing facility located in Orlando, FL, we dedicate over 70,000 square feet and over 400+ full time employees to serve and support our customers. Additional facilities with stocking warehouses and service personnel are located in southern and northern California, Georgia, Wisconsin, Oregon, and Ontario, Canada.
We offer excellent benefits:
* Tuition Assistance Programs, Adoption Assistance Programs, Employee Assistance Programs
* Nine paid holidays plus Christmas Week shutdown!
* Eligible for 401k, Health, dental and vision, supplemental on 1st day.
* Begin accruing vacation and sick time on 1st day.
CUES is an indirect subsidiary of SPX Corporation, and is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Job Summary / Objective
Assembly, disassembly, quality testing, troubleshooting, and repair of electronic - mechanical equipment in a customer service based environment.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
* Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
* Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proficiency in DC-AC, solid state theory, audio signals, video signals, and applications.
* Possess the ability to solder to the component level.
* Ability to read and operate various measuring equipment related to electronics (Oscilloscope, digital multi-meters, signal analyzers, multi-meters, mega ohm meter etc.)
* Ability to accurately annotate and maintain repair documentation.
* Possess good attendance and work ethic. Be punctual and have a good attendance record.
* Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
* Have the flexibility to work overtime when required.
* Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
* Have excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
* Possess basic computer skills.
* Read and understand complex assembly drawings, schematics, and test procedures.
* Test, troubleshoot and repair electronic-mechanical equipment in a fast paced customer service environment.
* Ability to drill/tap and remove screws.
* Familiarity with the use of calipers and other measuring devices to verify part dimensions.
* Possess a general knowledge of the use and operation of basic hand and power tools.
* Experience with building and troubleshooting wiring harnesses.
* Working knowledge of basic clutch and bearing systems.
* Excellent knowledge of a motor and its internal components.
Required Education and Experience
* Candidate must have a minimum of an associate's degree or equivalent military experience in an electrical field.
* Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years verifiable experience as an Electrical /Mechanical Technician.
Work Authorizations / Security Clearance / Additional Eligibility Requirements
* Post Offer Background check and drug screening required
Working Conditions / Work Schedule / Travel
* Normal work hours are 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
* Must be flexible to work overtime as required
* Periodically lift up to 50 pounds and spend hours standing, sitting, and/or walking during a normal day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
SPX Corporation is a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), detection and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
SPX TOTAL REWARDS
At SPX Corporation, what's in it for our employees transcends market-competitive compensation and benefits. Our Total Rewards program also includes opportunities for employees' personal development, career growth, and recognition. These programs focus on alignment and assessment of organizational, team, and individual efforts toward achieving business results. Our development and career growth programs empower our employees to enhance their skills, develop new competencies, and pursue career goals. SPX Corporation's benefits package provides choices designed to help employees manage their well-being. Our compensation programs are performance-based to recognize and reward employees who work hard, display the values and leadership practices we embrace, and deliver exceptional results.
At SPX, our values are at the heart of everything we do. We use our values every day to help us make the right decisions. We embrace a common purpose and strive for improvement. We respect and value each other as individuals and recognizethat only by working together, as a team, can we reach our full potential. We take responsibility for our actions, build strong relationships with each other and our customers, and always act ethically. Our values inspire us to achieve the high standards of quality, safety, and performance that our customers expect and deserve.
WORKING AT SPX
Our work environment is established on a work-life philosophy supported by policies, programs, and practices that help employees achieve success within and outside the workplace.We believe in creating an inclusive work environment where employees strive to realize their fullest potential. We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to making selection decisions without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, national origin,gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Drilling Operations