Supervises employees and processes in the development, application, and maintenance of the quality management system (QMS) for the manufacturing and finishing processes, materials, and products.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, train, evaluate performance, and assign duties of direct reports (Quality Inspectors and/or Quality Auditors) to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Implement quality control plans for new products.
- Introduce and manage the quality assurance processes of current products.
- Lead team responsible for analyzing defect data and implement improvement initiatives to ensure continuous product quality while reducing costs.
- Supervise activities associated with development and implementation of
quality system elements such as the implementation of new quality defect standards.
- Oversee the product and process audits to ensure that engineering documentation and standards are consistent with manufacturing methods.
- Manage the Preventive and Corrective Action reports including leading/supporting investigation and response by cross functional team members either directly or through the Kaizen process.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related field plus 3 years’ experience; or 8 years’ experience as a Quality Auditor, Quality Inspector, or in a related manufacturing role.
- Experience in or knowledge of quality systems.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to collaborate on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated successful ability to prioritize and multi-task various and conflicting responsibilities.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in Business or related field.
- Exposure to Six Sigma and other continuous improvement tools.
- Lean Process experience (Green or Orange Belt, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping).
- Experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) processes and/or Statistical Process Control (SPC).
Quality Auditor certification (ASQ CQA), Quality Engineer certification (ASQ CQE), or Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence certification (ASQ CQMOE)Company
Masco Cabinetry LLCShiftFull or Part Time
Masco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: URL blocked - click to apply
E-verify Right to Work Poster: URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Quality Management Systems
Value Stream Mapping
Certified Quality Engineer
Advanced Product Quality Planning
Statistical Process Controls
Corrective And Preventive Actions