Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Test Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Franksville, WI facility or S. Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Sr. Electrical Test Engineer will be responsible for supporting division leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining manufacturing automation test systems. This role will perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique design applications. This role supports division Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost by establishing robust test systems and processes with advanced technologies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborates closely with HW, FW, and Manufacturing teams for DFT and definition of test strategy with an emphasis on automation
- Supports the design development, quote, vendor selection and procurement of advanced automated test systems for electronic designs at the PCBA and final assembly levels.
- Supports the development of TestStand and LabVIEW software, emphasizing well-documented, structured, maintainable, and reusable code.
- Develops data-driven statistical methodologies (Cpk, Ppk, GRR, etc.) for system validation, release, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintains sustaining engineering through strong collaboration and mentorship to support existing CM test system base (25+ systems) both remotely and on-site at CM as required. Travel required up to 25%.
- Leads cross functional root cause and failure analysis teams. Applies critical thinking, problem solving, and teamwork skills to optimize test systems for yield improvements, failure mode elimination, cycle time reductions, capacity planning, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with test or systems design engineering working on electrical systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not available. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Franksville, WI or S. Milwaukee, WI location. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Five or more years experience as a test or systems design engineer working on electrical systems.
- Experience with Design for Test and Manufacturing, PCBA Functional Test, Assembly Test
- National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand experience – Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer and Certified TestStand Developer.
- SQL/MySQL database knowledge
- JTAG, ICT, Flying probe, Boundary scan knowledge
- Ability to read, evaluate, and interpret internal design specification documents and develop a comprehensive manufacturing test plan.
- Knowledge in NFPA70E and OSHA Regulations in Electrical Safety (Arc Flash, LOTO, Approach Boundaries, PPE selection and testing)
- Six Sigma or/and Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- IT experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Part of travel will be to the contract manufacturer facility in Oak Creek as needed)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proficiency in various software applications - MS Office, MS Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, AutoCAD, SAP
- Experience with National Instruments LabView and PC based IO systems.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, etc.).
- Experience with Eaton and other brands of power reliability controls.
- Thorough understanding of production environments (low-volume/high mix and high volume/low mix) including safety/guarding requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one-piece flow, 5S, etc. Ability to grasp modern technology.
- Thorough understanding of problem-solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Value Stream Mapping
Continuous Improvement Process