To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77032
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Experis • Houston, TX
Posted 2 months ago
TITLE: Software Architect
Industry: Engineering Services
GROUP: Production Enhancement Technical Software for Digital Solutions
Under the broad direction from the Software Discipline Lead and the Chief Architect, the Software Architect will design and architect software systems to ensure they are aligned with business requirements.
Work within a 100% technically focused role:
o 60% is focused on architecting applications and designing components
o 20% is for building prototypes with the development team
o 10% is participating in design reviews
o 10% is developing standards and best practices for technical solutions.
Conduct forward-looking prototype projects, evaluate and recommend emerging technologies and standards
Work closely with other architects, development team members, and project leads and project stakeholders while using your technical expertise to design software architectures for robust and sustainable products
Help the development team to interpret and implement designs and code that follow your agreed upon architecture Assist the development team to remove technical impediments when the need arises
Apply your expertise to drive leading-edge software frameworks across projects
Follow a zero-defect mindset in developing, maintaining, testing and checking-in / checking-out source code.
Do development testing on code that you write.
Do first level system documentation on completed tasks.
Write specifications for development tasks.
Stay current on tools, methodologies, technologies, and language features and provide technology leadership moving the product forward.
Maintain communication conduit to other developers, documentation, and testing.
Write quality software, adhering to documentation and coding standards.
1. Minimum 10 years relevant experience with 5+ years architecting software
2. Solid experience in either a Software Architect or Principle Software Developer role
3. Microsoft desktop applications (.NET / C# / WPF)
4. Experience in producing architecture and design using Visio
5. Experience integrating with NoSQL databases (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
6. Experience in real-time and data acquisition applications
7. Solid experience in Scrum and Agile development methodologies
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
10. Desktop development for scientific domains and business
11. Web application development using Angular, Typescript, Node.js
12. Hosting applications in Azure and using of Azure DevOps (VSTS)
13. Developing data driven applications using microservices
14. Deploying applications using Docker
15. Experience using data binding / serialization tools such as XML, JSON, Thrift, Protocol Buffers, etc. for cross-language data exchange
16. Experience evaluating performance and endurance of web services as well as troubleshooting performance bottlenecks
17. Understanding of Active Directory and SSO concepts
18. Experience in leading software development projects especially at a systems level
19. Experience providing Technical Excellence Leadership for more than one team, providing expert guidance to software developers and support staff
20. Oilfield science and engineering application experience is a plus
21. Experience with message queueing and message brokers is a plus
Length: 1 year
Location: Houston, TX 77032
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)