The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager. Responsible for assisting in the preparation and consolidation of Financial Statements, process improvements and efficiency projects, assist with month, quarter, and year-end close process and Financial Reporting. The Senior Accountant will perform ad hoc reporting for executive management, as well as assist with internal and external audits.
- Developing, implementing and improving accounting processes and procedures for dynamic lines of business
- Managing and performing the month-end financial close accounting and financial reporting
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting
- Providing analytical support to the finance and management team to drive improvements to operational & financial results
- Working with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure proper support for the business unit
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external partners to maximize performance, creativity and results.
- Attention to detail + love for data - We pride ourselves in producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets
- ERP systems experience - experience with Oracle or other ERP systems is a plus
- Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; having a positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting/Finance.
- 6+ years of progressive Accounting Leadership experience with an emphasis in Financial Services at a Fortune 500 Company.
- CPA/MBA Preferred
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $2.6 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Onsite DMV
- Employee Loan Assistance Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacations Days
- Paid Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles