RPM Italian D.C. Now Seeking An Assistant General Manager … Join Our Leadership Team!
If you are a seasoned Assistant General Manager
with a confident, polished floor presence and experience in the luxury dining segment, then consider this opportunity! We’re a chef-driven restaurant offering modern Italian cuisine in an elegant, urban atmosphere. Our ideal Assistant General Manager candidate will be confident, open to new challenges, and eager to take their career to the next level. If this sounds like the perfect match for your talents, please apply. We’d like to hear from you. EOE. E-Verify. Requirements
- 3+ years of full-service Assistant General Manager experience
- Ability to lead by example with strong attention to detailed guest service
- Ability to thrive in a chef-driven environment with established systems
- Skilled in leading and developing one's hourly team
- Experienced in the luxury dining segment of the industry
Any management experience in a luxury hotel environment is a plus! Not ready to apply? Join Our Talent Network - URL blocked - click to apply!
Created by Bill and Giuliana Rancic, Chef Doug Psaltis, and RJ, Jerrod and Molly Melman, RPM Italian
offers modern Italian cuisine in an elegant yet urban atmosphere. Our menu is both sophisticated and unpretentious: from the simplicity of freshly prepared in-house pastas to the textured flavors of whole wood-grilled Branzino, RPM Italian focuses on well-crafted and versatile interpretations of classic dishes.We Offer:
Lettuce Entertain You is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We Participate in E-Verify. POSITION SUMMARY:
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly bonus program
- Restaurant discounts
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical/dental insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Vision plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Pre-tax transit benefit (where applicable)
- Nonsmoking working environment
- Training, development & advancement opportunities
- Paid time off including holiday, vacation, sick days, parental leave
- And more
Responsible for assisting the General Manager with the overall operation of a single restaurant as well as overseeing Back of House functions. Work with the General Manager and Executive Chef in setting the direction of the business in day to day operations as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales and manage costs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
(Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Interact with, direct and supervise employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, training, development and retention of qualified employees.
- Assist GM with training, coaching and development of management team in areas including: LEYE culture, systems, policies and procedures, personal growth, operational and financial knowledge, interpersonal skills, and organizational techniques.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure. Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to LEYE procedures.
- Schedule, conduct, and document employee performance reviews according to standard operating procedure.
- Identify, train and develop key employees for growth, advancement and promotion.
- Promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Be hands on with all FOH positions to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Authorize comps and voids for all service personnel.
- Follow up with employees and co-workers to ensure completion of assigned projects.
- Assign employee workstations.
- Uphold applicable policies and requirements of employment laws.
- Become proficient in all job functions of both front and back of house employees.
- Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees.
- Have thorough understanding of and practice LEYE Employee Handbook, employee benefits, and company philosophies.
- Review and amend agenda for shift service meetings (to be conducted by shift manager).
- Complete projects as assigned in a timely manner.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper restaurant operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Create atmosphere including lighting, music, and temperature levels.
- Address customer complaints and problems effectively and courteously on an as needed basis.
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with difficult guests. Respond to their needs with patience and courtesy.
- Ensure adequate evening preparation levels based on business levels.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Perform a shift “walk through” in order to assess staffing, maintenance, cleanliness, zoning and any special needs.
- Complete opening sanitation checklist, assign sanitation projects hourly staff and follow up with employees to ensure their completion.
- Work with Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate ticket times.
- Maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Assist with the maintenance of portioning and product specification.
- Comprehend and adhere to all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Comply with all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to ordering manager.
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to General Manager and/or appropriate repair source.
- Become proficient in the use of equipment and utensils related to the operation of the restaurant.
- Become proficient in the use of all restaurant computer equipment, including the Point of Sale system, Avero, Kronos, Open Table, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, and credit card terminals.
- Train Back of House employees.
- Complete daily food orders i.e. produce, meat, dry goods, fish/seafood etc.
- Meet daily with Chef/Kitchen Manager to ensure preparation quantities for all meal periods.
- Inventory and order appropriate restaurant supplies i.e. liquor, food, linen, paper goods, cleaning supplies, general restaurant supplies etc.
- Assist General Manager with all financial aspects of the restaurant.
- Responsible for the security of, and balancing and paring of all cash banks.
- Become proficient in and assist the General Manager with all restaurant financial procedures.
- Track high cost items according to standard operating procedure.
- Perform and extend an end of the month and/or weekly inventory.
- Lead by example.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
- Must wash hands regularly, according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Pass a food and beverage test in English with a score of 90% or more.
- Pass an Alcohol Awareness test in English with a score of 90% or more.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers, partners, corporate staff and guests.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Accessibility varies by location
Employee Performance Management