To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
East 162nd Street
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Practical Nurse
Services for the UnderServed • Bronx, NY
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As part of the Behavioral Health team, S:US seeks a Licensed Practical Nurse with in the state of New York to provide nursing services within a residential facility.
- Conducts physical health assessments
- Assesses the health needs of participants and makes the appropriate referrals to community based medical care
- Manages and administers medication as required
- Provides a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to the participants
- Meets regularly with each participant to assess health status
- Provides health management education
- Review treatment and medication history
- Communicates with the participant’s primary medical provider to coordinate medical treatment
- When necessary refers them to appropriate services as determined as a result of their assessment
- Advocate on behalf of participants regarding medical treatment as needed
- Provide training to program staff on disease, treatment options, and new advances in disease management
- Responsibility for documentation of services provided particularly in development of service plans
- Responsible for ensuring and documenting revisions to the plan as the participant’s needs change
- Advocating for the rights and preferences of the participant whenever possible
- NYS Licensed LPN
- Experience working with the seriously and persistently mentally ill ideally in community-based settings is preferred
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel. Ability to research material via the internet
- Bilingual in any language a plus not required
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERCompany Overview
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays