This position is a key team player in guiding and training the DSC workforce and ensuring leading practices are consistently followed. The Lead Trainer is responsible for providing guidance to operations specialists and delivering hands on training on best practices and safe equipment operation. The Lead Trainer performs all functions of an Operations Specialist and may act as a back-up for Team Leaders when necessary to provide shift leadership and ensure basic building security.
- Operate material handling equipment and perform all logistics center functions using appropriate equipment (i.e. sit down, stand up, reach, cherry picker)
- Provide general guidance and technical assistance to Operations Specialists
- Act as a role model and demonstrate the DSC safety culture
- Deliver on-the-job training to Operations Specialists and other logistics center employees as part of DSC’s New Employee Onboarding program
- Deliver constructive feedback while maintaining a positive rapport with employees
- Provide coverage for the Team Leader as necessary
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to operate material handling equipment
- Experience using Warehouse Management Systems
- Basic math and reading skills
- Ability to communicate effectively; both verbal and written
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
- Basic computer skills
- Experience delivering operations training
- Able and willing to work off-shifts as needed for training demands
- Engaging and positive demeanor
- Team oriented
- Highly conscious of safety and quality
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V
Training And Development
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 166276732899921
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
When Dry Storage Corporation first opened its doors in 1960, how did we help customers? We provided space to store their products and a promise to handle their products as if they were our own. Through the years, we added customers, locations, capabilities, knowledge, and experience – until today, we are so much more than space. So much more than transportation…and value-added services…and process management…and start-up expertise…and network analysis and design…or any of the single elements involved in a successful supply chain.
View the full profile
At DSC, we believe it's the combination of strategic knowledge and operations excellence that makes us a different kind of supply chain partner. It's the ability to collaborate with our customers on supply chain strategies, systems and solutions that specifically address their needs. And the ability to re-think, re-design, and adapt those strategies, systems, and solutions when needs and conditions change.
When we welcomed the new millennium in 2000, we promised that DSC would be "ready-for-anything!" Little did we know the dramatic events and circumstances that would rock the world and the business environment. But what we've discovered is that strong partnerships are the key to survival and success through both good times and bad. At DSC, we're proud of our 50 years in the business, but we're focused on the future. We will keep expanding and improving our partnerships. We will continue to apply Our Strengths – leadership, collaboration, information, execution, flexibility, and integrity – for the benefit of our customer partners. And we will continue to be "ready for anything!"