Apex Systems is currently seeking a technical support specialist for a permanent opportunity located in Falls Church, VA. Our client is a leading security managed service provider and is growing quickly!
Location: Falls Church, VA
Length: Direct Hire / Permanent
Rate: $60,000 - $75,000
- Five years of experience in the alarm, access control, IP Video and Networking.
- Work history must display stability and consistent attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility and carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of building codes pertaining to construction, fire and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams.
- Experience and or knowledge of AMAG and Genetec systems
- 90% Travel
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Networking, Computers, Alarm systems, Access Controls and CCTV.
- Aptitude in basic programming.
- Able to be on a 24 hour on-call rotation for on-site service.
- Thorough knowledge installation techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic testing equipment, hand and power tools.
- Proficient with MS Windows 7, MS Word & MS Excel.
- Must successfully complete ’s Training curriculum.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use metering devices.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, and carry tools and equipment not to exceed seventy?five pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Ability to write and maintain accurate and concise daily records.
- Ability to interface and communicate with customers and co?workers in a clear and professional manner.
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail.
- Must be available to work overtime, weeknights, and/or weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to participate in and pass the company’s pre-employment screening process including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record.
- Must continue to maintain a safe driving record and valid driver’s license to fulfill the travel requirements of this position.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet state licensing requirements for security.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178