Alion is currently seeking a Systems Administrator. The ideal candidate works well in an agile, fast moving culture and has a fundamental passion and curiosity to learn.
In this position, you will:
• Maintain development systems (i.e. security patches, kernel updates, OS updates).
• Use procedures to perform identification, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of hardware failures and restore system capability to operations.
• Provide administrator support (User creation/deletion, security group management, storage media permissions, shared resources configuration).
• Manage transferring of data between networks as needed
• Purchase and configure PCs for new personnel.
• Purchase and maintain printer toner inventory, replacing cartridges when needed.
• Maintain system documentation and inventory database.
• Perform other infrastructure maintenance tasks as required.
• Current CompTIA Security+ ce certification
• Associates Degree in related IT/Computer field of study or equivalent one year or more of experience
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows OS, Windows Server OS
• Basic understanding of OSI networking model
• Must be able to bend, reach, stoop and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to climb rung ladders and work in confined areas.
• Experience configuring and managing VPN connections to remote sites.
• Other IT/technical certifications than listed above.
• Experience working in classified environments.
• Experience working with NIPR, SIPR, other DoD networks.
• Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores.
• Experience with Linux OS.
Alion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and we hope you find this information useful in making your decision to join our Alion Team. Available benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, flexible and health savings accounts, short- and long-term disability coverage, life and accident insurance, 401(k) and employee assistance program. We provide a variety of leave programs including holidays (scheduled and floating), paid time off, parental leave, military leave, bereavement, jury as well state/federal mandated leave. Alion provides access to education assistance and student loan repayment program, as well as convenient payroll deduction programs to include legal, home, auto and pet insurance.
Security Clearance: None (Secret preferred)
Telework - Not Eligible
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Not Eligible
- Storage (Computing)
- Information Security
- Active Directory