Primary Purpose- The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for achieving sales volume and profitability objectives by growing business with established customers while at the same time expanding the customer base in the assigned territory. The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for implementing the annual sales plan for the assigned territory. This position is also accountable for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing customer issues when necessary.
General Description- This position consists of sitting in an office environment which requires negligible physical effort beyond sitting for long periods of time using a computer. This position also requires air and car travel on a weekly basis, hotel stays, and other travel mediums.
1. Sells Vulcan Utility Sign products to existing customers in the assigned territory and develops new customers through prospecting, qualifying and demonstrating the benefits of our products.
2. Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to customers and prospects on how Vulcan can benefit their business, including solutions other Vulcan, Inc. business units may provide.
3. Cultivates and maintains favorable contact with Vulcan customers at all levels of their organization, which may include but is not limited to, Senior Management, Purchasing, Sales and Engineering departments.
4. Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
5. Responsible for conducting follow-up contact with all incoming e-mails and phone calls, whether received from a potential customer or a long term established customer.
6. Participates in outside sales activities like networking opportunities, attending trade shows, industry events or seminars and calling on all potential new customers ensuring all leads are followed up on promptly.
7. Continually updates project activity logs regarding all sales activities, whether internal or external, so it can be utilized to inform various departments about current events in the sales activities at Vulcan.
8. Maintains continual awareness of current business trends, available products, profit margins and other applicable information to assist in staying competitive in the market, obtaining new customers and retaining existing ones.
9. Maintains communication and accessibility with the General Manager and other key contacts within and outside the Company on a regular basis.
10. Ensures the continual adherence and compliance with all applicable safety protocols and procedures.
11. Performs additional job related and/or non-job related functions when needed or requested.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Associates from an accredited college or university.
A Bachelors degree or higher education preferred.
Ability to develop and maintain strong customer/client contacts.
Ability to effectively utilize all job applicable computer sales software products.
Knowledge of effective sales techniques utilized in selling manufactured products.
Strong communication and customer service skills.
4 year(s) required in job experience in a sales/marketing setting.
Skill / Physical Requirements:
Strong oral and written communications skills;
Strong business and negotiation skills; Prospecting Skills, Presentation Skills & Closing Skills;
Territory Management, Product Knowledge Ability to develop strategic plans and drive tactical
Execution; Ability and willingness to travel - level of travel approximately 50%; Strong PC skills
In Microsoft applications (Word and Excel) and other enterprise software packages.