Opportunities with New West Physicians. Bring your passion for health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed to providing excellent service to every patient… every time. We’re not only one of the largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the Denver Metro area—we’re also part of Optum, a nationwide family of over 53,000 dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives. That means we’re backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. New West Physicians has received national awards for providing high quality health care in Colorado. It’s all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certified family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physiatrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners—and more. If this sounds like the place for you, it’s time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a path to your life’s best work. (sm)
Our Multi- Specialty clinic is looking for an experienced Endocrinology Medical Assistant in Lakewood. This position is with a busy provider and will download all patient pump and meter for the provider. We are offering a $2,000 sign on bonus for new hires! This position will work four 10 hour shifts with Wednesday off.
- Assist providers with examinations, minor surgical procedures and physicals
- May be required to perform certain tasks alone as instructed. These procedures may include but are not limited to:
- Medical Duties: Injections, sterile field set up, EKG, application of dressings and splints, PFT’s, mass removal, flexible sigmoidoscopy, pap smears, pulse oximetry, orthostatic blood pressures, audiograms, spirometry, eye testing and care of basic lacerations
- Laboratory Duties: venipuncture, urinalysis, pregnancy tests, rapid strep and flu tests, mono and blood glucose, FIT testing
- Care of emergency walk-in patients. Assist patients anytime need is apparent
- Schedule patients for ancillary testing, therapy, specialist visits and hospital admissions
- Assist with triage of telephone calls for providers
- Take pharmacy messages for prescription refills and process according to office procedures
- Assist with maintenance of patients’ files, records and other information
- Assemble patient information packets and monitor inventory of packets
- Work closely with all insurance companies
- Assist with ordering of medical supplies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Certified medical assistant or graduate from an accredited medical assistant program
- CPR certified or willing to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- 1+ years medical assistant experience in patient care
- Experience with electronic health records
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2020 Optum. All rights reserved.