Belmont Behavioral Hospital is a premiere provider of comprehensive treatment for mental health conditions and substance abuse problems. Having been in operation for over 75 years as one of the most prominent providers of behavioral healthcare treatment services, Belmont is proud to offer high quality and specialized programming options for children, adolescents, adults, and older adults who are suffering from psychiatric concerns and chemical dependency.
We are currently seeking a Full time, Clinical Nurse Educator/Infection Prevention Registered Nurse (RN), in our Nursing Department.
The Clinical Nurse Educator/Infection Prevention Registered Nurse (RN) collaborates with the Behavioral Health Cluster, Chief Nursing Officer, Clinical Directors and Nurse Managers to plan, implement and evaluate orientation, in-service education, continuing education, and competency programs. Serves as a clinical resource to nursing staff defining and maintaining standards of care and clinical competency. Collaborates with the patient education coordinator and other health care provides to support and implement the patient education process. Assists with the implementation of an infection control program which includes case finding, surveillance, inspections, control measures, education and consultations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required. MS in Nursing preferred.
- Attendance of the introductory ICP course offered by the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology or its equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience combined with/or related to teaching experience and 3 years of experience in Medical Technology, specifically microbiology is also acceptable.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates competency in teaching/learning process, organizational skills and computer literacy.
- Current licensure to practice professional nursing in PA or equivalent education such as bachelor’s degree and Medical Technology/microbiology background.
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) required.
- Individuals without CIC will be supervised by a CIC practitioner until certification is fulfilled.
- Member of APIC and local APIC chapter.
- CPR Instructor Certification required.
Registered Nurse Certified