As our Warehouse Jobs - Equipment Operator, you will be responsible for operating stock picking and forklift equipment to replenish merchandise to warehouse pick locations observing all safety guidelines. Communicate with Supervisors and Inventory Support staff regarding stock levels and expediting of priority items.
- Operates order picker, forklift, pallet jacks, turret truck and related equipment in a safe and productive manner following established policies and procedures
- Uses RF equipment to scan locations and product
- Identifies merchandise location, quantity required, unit of measure and description of merchandise by reading case labels and RF computer screens
- Maintains cleanliness of area by keeping aisles clear of debris and notifies housekeeping as required to maintain flow of merchandise
- Accurately counts inventory when transferring, stocking, or cycle counting product
- Loads and unloads trucks as needed
- Must be able to operate all necessary warehouse equipment
- Accurately records time and job functions using electronic time sheets
- May be necessary to work required extra hours, including weekends, based on business needs
- May be required to perform any of the above functions at any of the company locations
- Actively participate in Impact planning sessions and work to improve engagement
- Works in a performance management environment
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous equipment operations experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating equipment, as set forth by the OTC certification standards
- Ability to communicate on radios and follow safety guidelines to include listening for warning horns and observing warning lights
- The ability to communicate and understand English in written or verbal form
- The ability to read print and handwritten numbers or labels under varying light conditions
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team environment
- Ability to respond with flexibility to changing work demands
- Must be at least at least 18 years old
- The ability to lift/push/pull 75 pounds on a regular basis
- May be required to work at heights of up to 35 feet on a regular basis
- Changes large wet cell batteries using mechanized equipment
- Constant grasping, lifting, walking, pushing, bending, and stooping to manipulate case-sized orders is required
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myOTCcareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Personal Protective Equipment