As our Warehouse Jobs - Equipment Operator, you will be responsible for operating stock picking and forklift equipment to replenish merchandise to warehouse pick locations observing all safety guidelines. Communicate with Supervisors and Inventory Support staff regarding stock levels and expediting of priority items.
- Operates order picker, forklift, pallet jacks, turret truck and related equipment in a safe and productive manner following established policies and procedures
- Uses RF equipment to scan locations and product
- Identifies merchandise location, quantity required, unit of measure and description of merchandise by reading case labels and RF computer screens
- Maintains cleanliness of area by keeping aisles clear of debris and notifies housekeeping as required to maintain flow of merchandise
- Accurately counts inventory when transferring, stocking, or cycle counting product
- Loads and unloads trucks as needed
- Must be able to operate all necessary warehouse equipment
- Accurately records time and job functions using electronic time sheets
- May be necessary to work required extra hours, including weekends, based on business needs
- May be required to perform any of the above functions at any of the company locations
- Actively participate in Impact planning sessions and work to improve engagement
- Works in a performance management environment
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous equipment operations experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating equipment, as set forth by the OTC certification standards
- Ability to communicate on radios and follow safety guidelines to include listening for warning horns and observing warning lights
- The ability to communicate and understand English in written or verbal form
- The ability to read print and handwritten numbers or labels under varying light conditions
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team environment
- Ability to respond with flexibility to changing work demands
- Must be at least at least 18 years old
- The ability to lift/push/pull 75 pounds on a regular basis
- May be required to work at heights of up to 35 feet on a regular basis
- Changes large wet cell batteries using mechanized equipment
- Constant grasping, lifting, walking, pushing, bending, and stooping to manipulate case-sized orders is required
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myOTCcareer.com
So grab this opportunity and transform the “daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: WAREH01731
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. The company has been recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction.
View the full profile
We began in 1932 as one of the nation's first wholesalers of value-priced novelties and gifts. We became a major supplier to the U.S. carnival trade in the 1950's before expanding in the 1970's by using catalogs and direct marketing to target consumers, retailers and businesses. In the 1980's, our first toll-free telephone number and seasonal catalogs brought continued growth. As the Internet grew in popularity in the late 1990's, we found a new way to reach its ever-growing number of customers.
Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway saw tremendous value and growth opportunity in OTC and made the decision to purchase our company in 2012. Operating from the Berkshire Hathaway philosophy, we acquired MindWare Holdings, Inc. in 2013 and Smile Makers in 2014. Mind Ware is a manufacturer, wholesaler, and direct retailer of "brainy toys for kids of all ages" that complements the OTC family of educational products. Smile Makers is the leading brand catering to the dental and health care markets, helping to expand the consumer reach for both Oriental Trading Company and Smile Makers.
Today, we continue to serve customers through colorful catalogs and the Internet. We offer more than 40,000 products to meet the needs of businesses, not-for-profit organizations, individuals, schools, churches and teachers.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska which is also home to four Fortune 500 companies. Forbes Magazine ranked Omaha sixth on the American's Most Livable Cities list based upon employment, income growth, cost of living, and arts and leisure opportunities.
We employ approximately 2,000 employees at several locations in the greater Omaha metropolitan area and are a strong, growing and entrepreneurial company. A recipient of the prestigious Omaha 25 Awards for Corporate Citizenship and the National Communitas Award for Corporate Social Responsibility - Making A Difference, we work hard to make the world a better place to live, work and play.