To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Cruz, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maxim Healthcare Services • Santa Cruz, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking aSocial Worker. The Social Worker, whopossesses a Baccalaureate degree (BSW) or Masters in Social Work, who in collaborationwith the multi-disciplinary team, has input in the development of the plan ofcare for those patients requiring social work intervention. Provides medically necessaryintervention to patients who have social or emotional problems which are or areexpected to be an impediment to the effective treatment of the patient'smedical condition and/or rate of recovery. Additionally, provides theseservices in accordance with physician's orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides medically necessary social work intervention in accordance with physician's orders.
- Assesses patient's psycho-social needs, plans for, evaluates and modifies interventions to meet the established patient goals.
- Collaborates with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
- Facilitates patient referrals to community agencies when appropriate.
- Provides financial counseling when necessary to achieve the treatment goals established by the multidisciplinary.
- Assists patient/family/caregivers in planning for present and future psycho-social needs as related to the patient's current status and prognosis including terminal illness.
- Adheres to all Maxim policies and procedures while providing services to patients.
- Adheres to all Maxim expectations with regards to preparation and submission of required paperwork.
- Observes and reports patient progress and/or changes in patient status to physician and appropriate multi-disciplinary team members.
- May be asked to participate in Multi-disciplinary Patient Care Conference, PI Committees, Professional Advisory Board and Maxim in-services programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate degree in Social Work (BSW) or Masters Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of social work experience in a health care environment in the last two years preferred
- Current health certificate(as applicable by state regulation and/or client requirement)
- Current PPD/TB or chest x-ray (as applicable by state regulation and/or client requirement)
- Current BLS/CPR certification (Telephonic MSW only as applicable per state regulation and/or client requirement)
- Computer proficiency required
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs