THS Station Manager - Seattle, WA
Matheson Flight Extenders specializes in terminal handling and ground support services for the United States Postal Service (USPS) and other commercial carriers.
Today we serve 33 cities across the United States. The THS Station Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the activities assigned to Matheson Flight Extenders.
The THS Station Manager is responsible for providing premiere services to internal and external customers.
NIGHT SHIFT: Shift Varies between 5:30pm to 5:30am or 11:00pm to 7:00am
Operations Management/Customer Service
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
- Implement schedule and policy changes.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, contracts, and government regulations.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Responsible for enforcing operational and safety policies and procedures
- Complete all reports as required by management
Safety & Compliance
- Enforce company safety policies and procedures
- Hold weekly safety meetings
- Manage any injury / accident events in conjunction with Risk Management
- Complete all required safety reports and investigations as required
- Provide light duty assignments when necessary
- Address employee voiced safety issues or concerns
- Resolve any safety hazards within the station / operation
- Maintain facility and personnel security in accordance with Matheson, Customer and Airport Authority requirements.
Leadership and Fiscal Management
Schedule: 11 pm to 7 am shift On call 24/7 for all issues relative to conducting business at the station.
- Establish employee schedules and work hours
- Review employee time sheets through PeopleSoft
- Manage hours to eliminate overtimeURL blocked - click to apply
- Correct punch errors by employees
- Insures pre-trip vehicle inspections are completed as required
- Reports any vehicle or equipment failures to management
- Monitors preventative maintenance schedules
- Sets up the operations floor by operation type
- Conducts pre-work operations briefings
- Inspects and inventories station scanners for operations
- Counsels, disciplines and coaches employees as required
- Conducts employee training
- Establishes and maintains employee work schedules to ensure adequate staffing. This may include monitoring attendance, tracking shifts, correcting payroll errors and making adjustments as needed
- Minimum of 5 years managing flight operations required
- Ability to lead and motivate staff in a positive and professional manner
- Intermediate experience in MS Excel
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a stressful environment
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with subordinates peers, management and all other department personnel.
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain TSA and USPS clearance
- Ability to communicate verbally as well as read and write clearly using the English language
- Familiarity with the working environment of an airport operation