Astoria Veterinary Group is looking for a Veterinary Assistant to join our AMAZING team!
About Astoria Vet Group: We have been taking care of pets for more than 20 years. We are fully equipped general practice hospital whose focus is on preventive medicine, surgery and dental care. We offer dental digital x-rays, digital x-rays, ventilators, anesthesia monitors, laser therapy, and ultrasound.
Our Ideal Candidate:
An experienced Veterinary Assistant who is highly motivated, pays great attention to detail, is able to work as a cohesive part of the team, and perform in a fast-paced environment. Our goal is to provide quality and compassionate care to all patients, this must be of high priority to our teammates.
- Communicating and educating clients on medical procedures and next steps.
- Assisting DVMs and LVTs with patients during examinations, pre-op, surgery, and post op.
- Stocking exam and treatment rooms with supplies, maintaining a sterile environment for treatment, x-ray, surgery, labs, and isolation wards.
- Utilizing computer information systems to record patient history, update and maintain medical records.
- Collecting blood and other samples for testing
- Taking digital radiographs (x-rays)
- At least 1 year of experience in the veterinary field
- High school diploma or equivalent, AAS or higher preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, squatting, reach, standing, and walking throughout the day.
Full-time, one weekend day required Compensation:
Negotiable based on credentials and experience with an hourly pay rate starting at $18-20/hour. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Attention To Detail
- Information Technology
- Medical Records
- Self Motivation