National Executive Director, Operations – AmeriPath Pathology Services
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
AmeriPath is a wholly owned subsidiary of Quest Diagnostics and is a leading national provider of anatomic pathology, molecular diagnostic and healthcare information services for the detection, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of cancer and other medical conditions. AmeriPath has highly trained, board-certified pathologists and Ph.D. level scientists providing services to physicians, hospitals, clinical laboratories and ambulatory surgery centers across the United States.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
We are currently seeking a National Executive Director, Operations for our AmeriPath Pathology Services Organization. The position can be remote, but the selected candidate must reside with a geographical area close to one of our hub laboratories.
This role is responsible for collaborating with senior management and direct reports to develop and execute on a national strategic plan for the Pathology business which out-performs the overall market growth in this segment. Directly responsible for the budgeted revenue and operations of the Pathology business. Plans and directs operations, administrative, and finance activities for Pathology services, grounded in customer-centricity, quality, safety and process efficiency. Builds and maintains an environment that encourages employee development and retention. The successful candidate is a change agent, forward thinker and results-oriented Operations Leader with demonstrated success designing and executing strategies that yield measurable business results.
• Inspire and lead the Pathology Operations organization for the core business to achieve profitable growth
• Direct Leadership of the Pathology Operations and Program Management Organization (Program Mgt. & Continuous Improvement).
• Partner with Regional Business Lines, Corporate Functions, Pathology Franchise, VP of Pathology Services & Medical and Commercial Leaders to develop Pathology Operations strategies to meet goals and objectives
• Execute on service delivery and quality commitments for the Pathology organization – testing, reporting, support, TAT, etcetera.
• Ensure appropriate support is provided to business from corporate partners (IT, Finance, HR)
• Drive productivity and cost performance across all areas of responsibility
• Drive continuous improvement through Quest Management System tools
• Develop Customer informed KPI dashboard for benchmarking to drive continuous improvement toward excellence
• Manage assets and staffing
• Retain and develop talent while managing the development leadership process within the business
• Build an inspiring culture
• Evaluate the performance of the pathology operations leadership team and provide positive and constructive feedback
• Fully participate in succession planning and lead applicable actions
• Ensure effective and continuous communication up and down within the pathology business
• Required: BS or BA from an accredited
• Preferred: MBA or MS
• Required: 15-20 years of progressive senior leadership experience managing large complex operations.
• Preferred: Pathology Operations experience preferred.
• Required: Be able to fulfill the expectation of 50% travel.
• Proven operations and process leadership experience across multiple functional areas; Ability to lead in a matrix structure to achieve business goals; demonstrated financial acumen and experience developing and operating a capital budget
• Strategic thinker who can work collaboratively to identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational challenges
• Proven track record attracting and developing talent both within and outside direct team; ability to communicate clearly and effectively to direct and motivate team and others
• Ability to operate effectively in a complex environment and manage multiple stake holders while adapting appropriately to shorter-term challenges, opportunities and priorities
• Demonstrated ability to drive solutions through business cases that clearly define project structure, budget, resource requirements, approach, and work plan
• Makes decisions that drive significant organizational change on national scale; ability to influence others outside direct control
• Uses interpersonal skills to influence, negotiate and communicate across all levels of the organization; ability to influence those outside of direct control to achieve overall business goals; Exceptional communication skills and professional presence
• Consistently demonstrates Quest Behaviors (agile, customer focused, transparent, United as One, performance oriented)
• Business and financial acumen
• Operations Leadership
• Ability to Lead and Influence in a matrix environment
• Organizational savvy
• Talent Management & Development
• Building, leading, motivating and inspiring large teams
• Change leadership
• Drive for results
• Strategic agility
• Command skills
• Communication skills
• Innovation management
• Customer focus
• Process management and Six Sigma / Lean orientation
• Project management
• Highly analytical
Only those applicants that met the above criteria will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitively based salary.
• Performance based Bonus Program.
• Employee Stock and Equity Plans.
• Extremely competitive vacation and CME benefits.
• Health Insurance Programs.
• 401(k) & fully vested company matching contributions (5%).
• Life / Disability Insurance.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to National Executive Director, Operations – AmeriPath Pathology Services, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Physician and Executive
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to National Executive Director, Operations – AmeriPath Pathology Services
- Interpersonal Skills
- Process Management (Business)
- Benchmarking (Project Management)
- Business Acumen