About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Manager (HPOWER EfW Facility) .
Information on our facilities is available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Manager (HPOWER EfW Facility) . For career opportunities, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Manager (HPOWER EfW Facility) . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We seek a candidate, with a proven track record, who will lead, direct, and motivate the Operations team at our HPOWER Energy-from-Waste Facility, located in Kapolei, Hawaii. This position reports to the Facility Manager.
The Operations Manager will oversee the Plant’s operational responsibilities and requirements, which utilizes both refuse-derived fuel (RDF) and mass burn technology, that include but are not limited to the following activities:
• Effectively organize work and projects with other departments, and oversees and ensures the proper and efficient daily work of all
• Manage, track, and implement established technical training programs, as required, and develop new training, as needed.
• Administer and supervise studies to improve plant operations, maintenance, or equipment, and monitor the effectiveness of plant
manuals and procedures, instituting changes or additions, as required.
• Ensure the plant’s readiness to meet unusual situations and safe, efficient day-to-day operations.
• Proficiently inspect boilers and machinery and meet plant performance targets.
• Oversee and/or compile various technical reports.
• Adhere to environmental, health, and safety procedures and permit requirements
To be considered for this position, you must have a broad background in plant operations, including at least 10 years' experience in a supervisory role at a power plant.
An engineering degree is desirable; however, a general supervisory background in an electrical or mechanical generating facility may be substituted for power plant experience.
General knowledge, and/or experience in industrial safety is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
Additional essential requirements of the position include:
Maintenance experience with rotating and electrical generation (turbine generator) equipment. Knowledge of electrical and controls systems is desired.
Understanding of municipal solid waste (MSW) combustion practices and materials handling processes.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications, and organizational skills.
Off-hours work may be required.
The ASME, QRO/CFO Certification is desirable, or must be able to qualify for this certification within six months of employment.