The Patient Care Technician (PCT) provides personal care and related services to patients. The PCT may operate as a patient’s primary caregiver under the direction, instruction and supervision of a doctor, nurse and/or medical professional.
- Assists in identifying needs and developing/modifying plan of care
- Performs or assists the patient with personal hygiene needs which include: bathing, skin care, grooming, dressing, oral hygiene and toileting needs
- Monitors vital signs and reports any deviation from normal values to a medical professional
- Assists in maintenance of a healthful and safe environment
- Implements progressive mobility guidelines
- Turning/positioning bed bound patients
- Provide nutritious meals as prepared to patient as directed
- Assists the patient with ambulation/transfers
- Performs or assists patient with certain treatments and/or medications which are self- administered, ordered by the physician, approved and supervised by a nurse, and allowed by state law.
- May assist the paramedical personnel with rehabilitative processes as directed.
- Promote the patient mental alertness through involvement in activities.
- Observes and reports any changes in the patient’s physical, mental, or emotional condition to a medical professional in a timely manner.
- May perform EKGs as required
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- At least one (1) year of successful work experience preferred
- National Certified Patient Care Technician (NCPCT) certification preferred
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
National Certified Patient Care Technician