You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Community Support Specialist
Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $1500 sign-on bonus.* Additional $500 sign-on bonus for Qualified Mental Health Professionals. We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The Community Support Specialist provides integrated, holistic, community-based support services.
Clinical Service Provision
• Using a motivational, stage-matched approach, provide individualized and group education services based upon strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences identified collaboratively with client/family, focused on supporting client’s movement toward recovery/resiliency goals
• Assist client in identifying strengths, needs, abilities, & preferences regarding substance abuse/mental
illness and participate in development of Wellness Plan
• Provide services from a holistic perspective, incorporating coaching surrounding the Eight Dimensions of Wellness, with attention to each domain of wellness
• Support client in completion of goals identified on Wellness Plans, reviewing the WP with client as required and as needed for updating of goals and objectives as items are achieved, or as the client’s goals change
• Aid in accessing public services, including financial, housing, emergency assistance, food, etc.
• Maintain contact with clients who are hospitalized, participating in discharge planning and communicating with all involved providers in developing aftercare plans
• Provide education and skill-building in areas such as daily living skills, employment/education, symptom management, communication/relationships, budgeting, maintaining a residence, etc., with focus on movement toward independent completion of these tasks, or referral to long-term supports
• Assist clients with developing personal support systems, including, but not limited to, work with family members, legal guardians, recovery communities, etc.
• Provide individual assistance to clients in accessing needed services including accompanying clients to appointments to address medical or other health needs
• Follow up with clients regarding appointments, completion of forms, returning forms or receipts and other similar activities
• Contact consumers who have unexcused absences from the CSTAR program in order to re-engage them and promote recovery efforts
• Meet service provision expectations per client needs and company guidelines
• Complete documentation and paperwork within the required timeframe
Integrated Health Team
• Communicate actively with other members of the integrated team, including psychiatrists, primary care physicians, specialists (CPRC, Peer(s), ITCD, CSTAR, DBT, etc), nurses, dentists, NCMs, etc. regarding all areas of client wellness, including client’s adherence to medications, side effects, and efficacy of medications
• Seek and include input from Integrated Health Team providers on client’s Wellness Plan
• Work with clients to determine services needed and provide hand-offs to those services
• Make referrals to additional services/providers as needed for client’s Integrated Health Team
• In addition to clinical providers of the team, function as liaison to others involved in client’s treatment, including, but not limited to family, employers, schools, probation/parole, courts, etc.
• Will seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency client and family members
• Assist client with transportation as clinically indicated; Driving is an essential function of this position
• Other duties as assigned
High School/GED required
Associate’s/Bachelor’s/Master's degree in a human service-related field preferred
If no degree has been obtained, one of the following is required:
At least four (4) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if a High School/GED is the highest education obtained
At least two (2) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if an Associate’s degree is the highest education obtained
(*If the degree is an Associate’s of Applied Science in Behavioral Health Support from an approved institution; then no additional experience is required)
At least one (1) year of experience required if a non-human service Bachelor’s degree is the highest education obtained
All experience must include working with individuals with psychiatric, substance use, and/or developmental disabilities
A valid driver's license and agency established minimum automobile coverage required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
- Behavioral Medicine
- Clinical Works
- Developmental Disabilities
- Financial Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 10363/15733
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.