TPGS is a subsidiary of GAP Solutions and serves as the Government Intelligence Portfolio of the System One, LLC family of companies. Together, we support federal, defense and intelligence community customers to meet their mission objectives. Our core capabilities include Information Technology, Development and Engineering, Training, Security, Intelligence Analysis and Operations & Human Capital Management.
Journeyman Cartographer - Geospatial Engineer/Topographer
Active Top Secret / SCI Clearance Required - No Sponsorship
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform cartographic finishing, feature extraction, and data content management to customer data standards and in accordance with project specific guidance.
- Manage a geospatial database.
- Perform QA/QC functions and correct data call errors.
- Compile, segregate, evaluate, research, interpret, analyze, and disseminate intelligence information to support operations.
- Prepare, maintain, and present intelligence displays, reports, and briefings with the creation and use of visual aids and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
- Must have bachelor’s degree in a related field or three additional years of experience.
- Three (3) to Ten (10) years of demonstrated relevant experience required.
- Cartographic finishing, feature extraction, and data content management related experience required.
- Knowledge of CIB1, TLMs, MGCP products, MDG, DTED, SRTM, in boundary recovery processes.
- Knowledge of feature data extraction; attribution process and cartographic finishing techniques.
- Proficient in ArcGIS, Socet-Set, RemoteView, or comparable ELT software.
- Superior knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Experience with FME, ESRI extract, transform, and load (ETL) tools, or similar software extensions.
- Experience with GAIT, ArcGIS Data ReViewer, or comparable geospatial data inspection software.
- Knowledge on intelligence organizations and systems; collection and reporting systems, intelligence information sources; techniques of identifying, collating, evaluating, and analyzing information.
- Superior knowledge of geographical and cultural aspects of foreign countries.
- Proven ability to develop production schedules and deliver customer requirements on-time or ahead of schedule and proven ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Experience in combining digital cartography, computer technology, GIS, cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in industry standard geospatial analysis and production software; experience with Oracle Spatial or ArcSDE.
- Knowledge of python scripting to streamline and automate routine production processes.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TPGS provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job, email us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Journeyman Cartographer - Geospatial Engineer/Topographer You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
TPGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
Esri Gis (Software)