To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Burlington, VT 05403
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Security Officer
Transportation Security Administration • South Burlington, VT
Posted 17 days ago
Transportation Security Officer (TSO)
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is hiring Transportation Security Officers at Burlington International Airport (BTV). Paid, ongoing training will be provided; no experience is required.
Starting pay: $17.19 per hour
(includes 15.37% locality pay plus 10% retention incentive; subject to periodic review and may be adjusted)
Specific duties for TSOs include:
- Screening passengers, cargo and bags for prohibited and dangerous objects and materials.
- Maintaining efficient passenger traffic flows through security checkpoints.
- Monitoring airport security measures and reporting potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet these qualifications in order to be further evaluated in the TSO hiring process:
- Have a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) credential OR at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening, or as an X-ray technician.
- Be proficient in English (i.e., able to read, write, speak and comprehend).
TSA offers an attractive federal benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days and paid federal holidays.
U.S. Citizenship Required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK "APPLY" TO APPLY ONLINE!