What you will do
This position is responsible for the implementation and management of the Quality Control Program, including the coordination, supervision and documentation of inspection and testing services for the project(s) assigned. The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for assuring that the quality of the work meets or exceeds the project’s contractual requirements and maintains the standard of excellence established by the customer. Location:
Balboa Naval Medical Center (military experience not required) Benefits:
Eligible for health and retirement benefits on first day of employment Vacation:
Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year How you will do it
1. Works with customer(s) to address and mitigate deficiencies in quality of service, contract scope of work, warranty items, or other related issues.
2. Manages quality control inspection program to ensure compliance with performance work statement.
3. Participates in the review of design, installation and documentation to ensure that the design and customer’s requirements are met on assigned corrective work orders.
4. Develops systems and procedures to clarify preventive maintenance work instructions.
5. Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality control activities.
6. Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality control activities and provides recommended process improvements to management to drive efficiencies.
7. Leads the CQC team and conducts Quality Control meetings at the job site.
8. Resolves client problems and/or conflicts as it pertains to quality and maintains open communication with the client including providing regular written and oral reports to ensure satisfaction.
9. Provides technical expertise and guidance to account teams and staff and manages resolution of complex problems.
10. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
11. Performs other duties as required.
If you’d like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our “take a journey” video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
What we look for
1. Bachelor’s Degree/College Degree in related field or equivalent experience in Building Trades, Construction Quality Management, or Hospital/Healthcare operations.
2. Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including email and Microsoft Office software.
3. Demonstrated planning, problem solving, data analysis, blueprint/schematic reading, organizing, inter-personal, and communication skills with proven leadership skills and decision making abilities.
4. Must be a team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
5. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.) Preferred
1. Qualified to evaluate performance in various trades including; HVAC, Vertical Transportation Equipment, Boilers; Steam / Heating, Medical Air Gas Systems, Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression, Fire Sprinkler, Nurse Call, Fire and Smoke Doors, Emergency and Egress lighting, Pneumatic Tube Systems. Experience working with HVAC Building Automation Systems (DDC controls) highly preferred.
2. Experience in an active Hospital, Medical Treatment Facility including isolation and infection control practices
3. Knowledge of The Joint Commission accreditation practices.
4. Experience in operation and maintenance practices in the building service industry.
5. Construction Quality Management Certification (to be obtained within 3 months of employment)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law
. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Product Quality Assurance