You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children are safe, families are strong, and communities are vibrant.
LSF is looking for a talented Case Manager who wants to make an impact in the lives of children and families.
Purpose & Impact:
The Case Manager assists in the provision of services to families by providing case management services to include but are not limited to referrals, follow-up, advocacy, etc.
- Assist in the completion of service planning for youth in care.
- Provide direct support to client families in implementing their case plan through constructive, active participation in family life.
- Teach and assist parents in meeting the physical, mental, and emotional needs of their children.
- Assist in the coordination of other community-based services to advocate the needs of their clients
- Assist in the provision of appropriate referrals for clients and assist in linkage to those referrals as necessary.
- Maintain professional communications and teamwork as appropriate contacts occur with the referral agency.
- Serve as advocate for family preservation/unity.
- Assist in the provision of follow-up monitoring and services to families on closed case status.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision sessions, and inter-agency staffing on clients as required.
- Compile required reports on families in caseload and submit to supervisor in a timely manner, including progress notes, reports to appropriate agencies (Childnet, Department of Juvenile Justice, etc.) and courts as the needs dictate.
- Adhere to professional standards and ethics.
- Serves as a referral liaison by presenting agency services to schools and community agencies and organizations.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling to families in crisis, as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and be able to use own vehicle to perform job duties in emergencies. Ability to travel locally and out of local area in the execution of professional duties and for training/conferences. Must be able to work long flexible hours.
Bachelor’s degree in human services and other requirements as may be required by the grant source.
One or more years experience working with troubled youth and their families.
Good written and verbal communication, time management, organizational and interpersonal leadership skills. Ability to function in a team setting, and professionally serve a diverse multi-cultural client population.
Dependability, discretion, and good judgement are essential. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and the public. Must be able to function in the community without the presence of direct supervision. Must be able to maintain high level of professional responsibility in reporting activities, conduct and schedule to supervisor.
Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Reports to Clinical Director.
- Team player with co-workers, administrators, and school personnel.
- Innovative delivery of counseling services and referrals.
- Provision of accurate case records.
- Adherence to Agency policies and procedures.
Why work for LSF?
LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide range of populations in need. Mission Driven staff members become part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of those in need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as they explore areas of interest within the organization.
Amazing benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teladoc (24/7 online access to doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR 3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Case Management
- Clinical Works
- Crisis Intervention
- Diversity Awareness
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 35633214008
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.