Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Team Manager and within the Agency policies and procedures, the LPN follows the plan of care on individual patients within the guidelines of his/her licensure to provide for the safety and quality of care treatment or services.Description
- Assesses patient and family needs, reports new or pertinent findings to RN and MD.
- Follows prescribed plan of care as completed by the RN in order to address identified needs.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgments to implement the medical plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient, within the guidelines of his/her licensure.
- Evaluates and reassesses the identified problems, care provided and patient's response on a continuing basis.
- Identifies ancillary services needed by patients and families and reports findings to RN.
- Collaborates and communicates on a regular basis with the Team Leader, Office Nurse, RN and members of the inter-disciplinary team as needed.
- Assists patients and families in accessing appropriate community resources.
- Records narrative documentation to reflect skilled care. Documentation is clear, concise and addresses specifics of teaching, direct care and response of patient / caregiver.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved LPN school of nursing.
- Current LPN license in MA.
- CPR certification required.
- Minimum one (1) year recent experience in an acute care facility.
- Homecare and computer skills preferred.
- Critical Care
- Home Care
- Nursing Interventions Classification