Do you enjoy fixing things, or consider yourself to be a handyman/woman? As the Utility Technician supporting BGIS clients, you will perform building maintenance for a variety of retail locations across your market.
BGIS is a global leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy & sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, and real estate services. With a combined team of over 7,000 globally, BGIS relentlessly focuses on delivering innovative service solutions that create value for its clients. Globally, BGIS manages over 30,000 facilities totaling more than 340 million square feet across several markets including Government, Higher Education, Utilities, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, Healthcare and Cloud Enterprise. In addition to managing a diverse portfolio of corporate offices, retail, colleges, hospitals and industrial assets, BGIS is a world leader in the management of data centers and other critical environments.
What is in it for you?
- 128 hours of PTO
- Nine paid holidays
- Generous 401k match
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Standard building maintenance of entrances and doorways
- Wall patchwork and interior/exterior painting as needed
- Hang wall decor and mount wall fixtures such as white boards and screens
- Fix carpet tiles, floor issue
- Perform simple roof patches
- Repair toilets
- Replace light bulbs, clean light fixtures and lens
- Perform scheduled building inspections and fill it out and make recommendations (which turns into repair jobs)
- Assists licenced trades people in doing preventive mtce (i.e. do the filter changes) and repairs
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- High school diploma preferred
- Ability to adhere and to properly execute processes and practices relating to facility operations
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.