Job ID: 153071
RiverBend Materials, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Supervises and coordinates activities of one or more crews of skilled, semi-skilled or unskilled workers engaged in paving, grading and site development construction projects. The worker may operate several types of heavy construction equipment, including grade roller, back hoe, bulldozer, front-end loader, finish blade, power broom and assist with labor related activities as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages personnel in a safe and effective manner. He or she must provide onsite direction and guidance for employee during the course of the workday by providing sound independent judgment and application of knowledge acquired through technical engineering and trade school training.
- Plans, troubleshoots and possess analytical skills that enable them to schedule daily work assignments, assign priorities, requisition materials and equipment, in order to complete projects in a timely manner with a level of quality, as determined by the company, and in accordance with federal, state and local governing laws, ordinances and policies
- Read and understands blueprints, charts, maps and other construction drawings and plans.
- Prepares and maintains required written records, logs, progress reports, time and weight tickets, attendance records and safety and inspection documents as required.
- Consults with other project supervisors and engineers, attends meeting, performs on-site inspections and conducts weekly safety meetings.
- Performs pre and post shift inspection of equipment
- Operates heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Checks equipment parts to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Perform general maintenance and repair on equipment as needed.
- Assist with general labor and maintenance tasks as needed. Demonstrates work activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- One to two years previous asphalt paving operations and/or construction related experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar position is strongly preferred.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
RiveBend Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.