Ensign Services, Inc. is seeking a Medicare/Medicaid Reimbursement Rate Analyst. This position will analyze reimbursement functions within the accounting department, including preparation of various financial and operational analyses relating to Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement.
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most progressive company in the dynamic healthcare services field today, serving over 200+ long-term care facilities, 17 urgent care centers, and 35+ home health and hospice agencies, with over 30,000 employees in fourteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
What sets Ensign Services apart from other companies is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. On a daily basis, we focus on living out our Culture:
• C – Celebration
• A – Accountability
• P – Passion for Learning
• L – Love One Another
• I – Intelligent Risk Taking
• C – Customer Second
• O – Ownership
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allows our employees to feel valued and excited about their impact on the operational partners and service center team members. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
The Cost Accountant/Rate Analyst position is very important in our organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and file Medicare and Medicaid cost reports.
- Analyzes Medicaid rates as appropriate on a quarterly or annual basis based the reimbursement impact State regulations and proposed audit adjustments
- Communicates and works with state audit teams as appropriate.
- Support accounting and operations with correctly categorizing expenses to the correct cost category
- Analyzes specific accounts such as accrued expense & revenue accounts related to Reimbursement
- Reconcile Receivable/ Payable accounts as it relates to Medicare/Medicaid settlements and Bad Debt
- Stays abreast of issues impacting Medicare and Medicaid rates
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- If applying for position outside of California - 5 or more years of Medicare & Medicaid Reimbursement and Cost Reporting for Skilled Nursing Homes.
- Two or more years of reimbursement experience in a healthcare setting with comprehensive knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement.
This full time, salaried position. Ensign has Service Centers in Mission Viejo, California; Salt Lake City, Utah; Phoenix, Arizona; San Antonio, Texas, and Madison, WI. Preferred work location would be at the Service Center in California, Utah, or Wisconsin, however, is negotiable.
We are committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and various other features, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees’ efforts and accomplishments both locally and company-wide, recognizing people daily through our Moments of Truth Program. In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions and seminars.
If interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
URL blocked - click to apply
Medical Billing And Coding
Healthcare Common Procedure Coding Systems