The chosen Packaging Engineer will work to manage the design, development and implementation of packaging from initial design creation through production and distribution and to develop and manage packaging projects for customers. This candidate will also serve as a packaging developer in support of innovation, cost savings and business continuity projects and support project management, development and manufacturability of product manufactured at various plants.
- Plans and directs activities concerned with design and development of packaging containers for specific products and their use: Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special-handling and safety requirements, and type of materials required for container.
- Consults with establishment's purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging.
- Develops or directs development of sketches, specifications, samples, and written analyses of proposed packaging in order to present design for approval.
- Confers with customers or sales representatives to draw up contracts.
- Advise employer or customers on efficient packing procedures, innovations in packaging materials, and utilization of sealing and fastening devices.
- Works closely with manufacturing to ensure packaging requests can utilize current manufacturing equipment and processes. Works with customers and manufacturing to enable specific customer request and assist in path to fulfill customer's needs.
- Works closely with operations, quality and engineering to troubleshoot and find solutions to production failures on the manufacturing floor and in the field.
- Work on new product launches, translating customer requests into packaging requirements for new products.
The chosen Packaging Engineer needs to be able to work with vendors and customers to design and manufacture packaging at the lowest possible cost. This candidate needs to be able to travel from 40-60% at any given time.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline (Packaging is highly preferred)
- 5+ years of experience as a Packaging Engineer within Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- Understanding of FDA, OTC, or CPG Standards
- Ability to travel up 40-60%
- Experience within Aerosol Packaging
- Contract Manufacturing Experience
- FDA or OTC Experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply or email [ Link removed ] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Consumer Packaged Goods
Packaging And Labeling