Seeking career growth with a national mortgage company? Lennar Mortgage can help you build the foundation to a long-term mortgage career. Join the team just rated as the #1 Homebuilder Worldwide by Fortune Magazine’s 2021 list of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’.
Lennar Named #1 Homebuilder Worldwide on FORTUNE Magazine's 2021 List of 'World's Most Admired Companies'
Lennar Mortgage is a proud member of the Lennar family of companies and has the unique opportunity to deliver the personal commitment and accountability of a local lender with the financial backing of a Fortune 150 company.
At Lennar Mortgage, not only do you receive a job - you gain a network, a family, and endless opportunities. Our success is a result of supporting and rewarding our team of elite professionals.
As an Underwriter you will apply your proven experience by underwriting Conventional, FHA, and VA loans for risk analysis and compliance, while providing clear, concise and appropriate conditions when rendering decisions on each loan.
Job Type: 100% Remote Full-Time position
Pay: 85K up to 175K annually
- Available Overtime
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to be $44.39 per hour subject to adjustment based on business-related factors including employee qualifications and operational considerations.
- This position may be eligible for performance-based bonuses as determined in the Company’s sole discretion.
- This position will be eligible for the benefits listed below in accordance with Company policy.
- This information is intended to be a general overview and may be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- FSA (Flexible Savings Account), DSA (Dependent Savings Account)
- 401(k) w/ company matching
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time Off
- Associate Home Purchase Assistance
- Well-Being incentive Bonuses
- Company Holidays (10 annually)
- Review loans for risk analysis and compliance with agency and investor guidelines.
- Render decisions within appropriate timeframe of 48 hours while meeting quantity and quality standards of at least four new loans per day, averaged on a monthly basis, in addition to resubmissions and no major exceptions.
- Use of automated underwriting systems in determining risk, salability and reduced documentation for borrowers, and review of data accuracy as input in AUS systems for decision-making.
- Traditional review and approval of loans that do not receive an automated approval. Clear, concise and appropriate conditioning of loans when rendering decisions.
- Keep management informed of specific ongoing issues that need immediate attention.
- 3 years in mortgage industry to include at least 2 years of hands-on underwriting of FHA/VA/Conventional loans.
- VA automatic and DE designation
- LAPP SAR designation
- Performs accurate analysis of any loan file with any degree of difficulty and effectively transmit underwriting decision to production/processing staff.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and exhibits confidence, positive attitude and firmness of position.
- Considers new ideas, views of others, or divergent points of view.
- Demonstrates skill in developing improvements in work method or designing new procedures.
- Performs work with appropriate accuracy and strives for quality in work produced.
- Mortgage Loans
- Decision Making