JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
An Operations Industrial Engineer supports various initiatives and network wide projects for the McLane Grocery distribution centers, typically related to cost reduction and productivity improvements.
The engineer will be responsible to plan, organize, implement and manage capital and process improvement initiatives within the facility, region or network and will act as a subject matter expert for DC Operations. An Engineer may additionally perform operational and transportation analysis, continuous process improvements, engineered labor standards (ELS) updates, warehouse management system configuration as well as facility and capacity planning.
Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who have prior engineering experience in industrial engineering, complex material handling facilities or private fleet routing with an ability to communicate and interact with multiple cross-functional levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
• Support multiple divisions operations and special projects.
• Update and align Standard Operating Procedures with Corporate Engineering.
* Partners with division operations to reinforce consistent process execution and identify opportunities for process improvement.
* Assess and optimize processes and equipment within the facility and region to support business needs.
• Implement and support McLane's warehouse, labor, execution and slotting optimization systems.
• Report and engage senior operational and engineering leaders and stakeholders to gain alignment on implementation plans and success metrics.
• Manage large-scale material handling projects from conception through startup to ensure on time, under budget and performance objective results are met.
* Develop efficient layouts, workstations, and material handling systems for new and existing facilities.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering preferred, other applicable degrees with accompanying experience will be considered.
* Experience as a regional or on-site industrial engineer (preferred).
* Experience with Manhattan WMOS and LMS or JDA/Red Prairie WMS and LMS (preferred).
* Experience within distribution facility layout, racking layout and design (preferred).
• Understanding of distribution center operations to include receiving, selection, replenishment, routing and dispatch.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to advocate for and present recommendations to senior leadership.
• Be able to function in a fast-paced office and warehouse environment in a professional manner.
• Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Project.
* Experience with Statistical Analysis and Operations Research a plus.
• Have 2 years or more of work experience in an industrial engineering capacity.
• Office and Warehouse environment.
• This position is expected to travel up to 60%.
Warehouse Management Systems
Warehouse Management System