To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ceres, CA 95307
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Branch Manager - Climate Control Division
Sunbelt Rentals, Inc. • Ceres, CA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
As a Profit Center Manager, you will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the rental center. This includes managing Customer Service Reps, Sales people, Shop Foremen, and Drivers as well as the operational and financial reporting on each function.
Climate Control is a specialty division of Sunbelt Rentals that is the leading provider of temporary, portable, supplemental, large scale, and emergency cooling, heating, and dehumidification equipment. Sunbelt Rentals can help you with your temperature control needs for commercial, construction, and industrial requirements. Our portable and larger packaged cooling and heating systems, coupled with the expertise of our team, can provide permanent or temporary solutions across a wide range of sectors.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the store in accordance with the operating goals established.
- Manages sales and expenses by presenting a clear business plan at the beginning of each month to staff in order to maximize marketing and selling efforts; assesses, modifies (if needed) and approves the sales plan weekly and ensures it is carried out appropriately; reviews all contracts raised (i.e. creations, amendments, suspensions and terminations) daily; reviews debt collection efforts (calls and/or visits made) daily
- Fosters the sales effort by participating in sales calls and customer visits with OSRs and weekly sales meetings
- Holds weekly sales meetings and Profit Center Meetings
- Manages inventory by assessing the need to purchase/dispose/replace equipment through staff, customer, supplier, salesman and marketing product manager feedback (to maintain PC stock/inventory)
- Manages all staff in the Profit Center (typically between 10-20 employees) including interviewing, hiring, and training; plans, assigns, schedules and directs work; appraises performance including rewarding and disciplining employees; monitors employees through operational reporting and financial reporting for each function; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Manages projects undertaken at the Profit Center including engineered pumping systems, power generation systems, and all others that come up as part of the Specialty Business. Includes management of all labor and materials to maximize profitability and meet all customer and safety requirements
- Manages After Hours and Emergency Response efforts including local and regional responses as well as participation in national event response efforts
- Responsible for the direction and management of the outside sales team for development of specialty market segments targeted by Pump & Power business
- Oversees safety and compliance by ensuring all statutory requirements are met and adhered to (Sunbelt internal requirements, safety, Department of Transportation); inspects the Profit Center yard daily for safety and statutory requirements to ensure employee and customer safety; ensures the PC yard, facility, and staff are in a presentable state (this includes making sure that all employees are wearing clean, properly fitting company supplied uniforms); insures that safety standards are met on projects sites
- Performs daily/weekly company vehicle inspection SOS/DOS
- Prepares reporting as assigned
- Fills in for open roles or tasks as needed to keep the PC running smoothly
- 5+ years of Rental Industry experience
- Previous store/location management experience highly preferred
- Project Management Experience is desirable
- Solid financial knowledge with budgeting and P&L statements
- Experience directly or indirectly managing Sales people
- Time management
- People Management
- Strong communicator with presentation skills
- Working computer knowledge
- Valid Driver’s license
- Long and Short Term Business Planning Skills and Experience are a plus
- On a daily basis, position requires working in a normal retail environment, job site, or yard area, or visiting customer site(s), where there are physical discomforts due to dust, dirt, noise, and the like.
- Must be physically able to work in a job-site environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching
- Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures
- Night / Weekend work could be required
Gear up for an exciting career!