The Accounting role applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial report and assists the Administration Manager with departmental functions.
• Conducts month-end and year-end closing procedures.
• Performs analysis and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
• Manage scrap sale process.
• Assists with monthly and year-end inventory. (Including tracking & analysis)
• Performs analysis of ABC cost sheets and determines appropriate splits for the product categories.
• Assists in forecasting of monthly expenses and revenues, including actual versus budget analysis and determining reasons for variances.
• Aid in the preparation of information and reports used to provide management with financial information, monthly reports and, as needed, special reports.
• MRP monthly reporting and forecasting.
• Perform weekly customer invoicing.
• Provides data for processing of property taxes annually.
• Assists with internal and external audits.
• Completes surveys and reports for customers, regulatory agencies, and corporate.
• Supports and assists with Human Resources policy deployment.
• Maintains all documentation.
• Back up for pricing and customer service.
• Model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors as outlined in the Mission Statement
• Represent Plymouth Tube in a professional manner
• Follow all company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures and standards
• Follow all company Quality Standards
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university and two to four years of related experience. Combination of experience and education will be considered.
• 3-5 years Manufacturing experience is desirable
• Successful course work and experience in Accounting essential.
• Effectively use Microsoft Excel and Word to prepare and analyze financial data and other pertinent information is mandatory.
• Distribute information and files via use of e-mail.
• Use of Lawson (Infor) Financial Software, Ceridian and Axiom a plus.
• Organization / Planning – plans, organizes, schedules & budgets in efficient, organized manner. Focuses on key priorities.
• Judgement – Consistent logic, rationality & objectivity in decision making.
• Communication – Communicates well one on one, in small groups and public speaking. Fluent, quick on feet, command of language and keeps people informed. Writes clear, precise, well-organized documents using appropriate vocabulary, grammar & word usage.
• Technical Knowledge – to have the application of knowledge and skills needed to perform effectively in a specific role or group of jobs in the organization
• Integrity – Does not ethically cut corners, earns trust of coworkers, puts organization above self-interests.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This job operates in an office environment at a manufacturing facility.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and moving mechanical parts.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, at times can be high.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary
• The employee is regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Material Requirements Planning