Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Director, Communications is accountable for communications strategy and execution for MedExpress, overseeing all channels including patient and employee communications. With a sharp focus on promoting the company's mission and values, she/he is also responsible for leading communications for special projects and company initiatives. The Director of Communications is instrumental in creating a holistic employee communications strategy and shared identity across MedExpress and the Optum Center for Digital Health.
- Develop communications strategies and content to support company goals and leadership endeavors and spearhead implementation across a wide variety of mediums
- Maximize employee engagement to drive desired behavior through the implementation of thoughtful communication strategies and innovations
- Partner with internal and external teams to develop a unified, compelling, and consistent conversation with all audiences and support and empower them in their own communications efforts
- Collaborate with the external communications and public relations efforts for the company including media relations, issues management, and reputation management
- Stay abreast of emerging issues and proactively develop communications strategies to address them
- Develop and implement communications tools that increase understanding and facilitate continuous improvement across all communications channels
- Develop and approve content for patient communication that is reflective of MedExpress’ brand, with full understanding of legal limitations
- Manage communications content using established standards, guidelines and processes
- Own communications budgets and metrics, driving continuous improvement
- Assist with partner relationships for external communications efforts
- Manage crisis communications when deemed necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 + years of experience in communications, developing and executing strategic communications plans to tell a brand story in meaningful ways
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task, while flawlessly executing on projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and experience with other communication platforms
- Experience managing multiple programs and projects simultaneously
- Advanced degree in Communications or Public Relations
- Experience with Salesforce
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand communication material
- Excellent project management and people leadership skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Communications, Communications Director, Director of Communications, strategic communications, MedExpress, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote