Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
DataCORE is a clinical point-of-care application for evaluating and addressing patient risk and quality gaps to improve value-based care. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing team of systems analysts, software engineers, and quality engineers. The DataCORE technology stack is primarily comprised of web UI (i.e., Angular), Java services and job pipelines, Kafka, Redis, MongoDB, and MySQL.
A successful candidate will have a quality-first approach to delivering maintainable, well-tested, and well-architected solutions, adapt quickly to change, be able to collaborate with technical and business stakeholders alike, and be able to champion efficient agile processes, delivery, and DevOps while mentoring others to do the same.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Actively contribute to delivery in a cross-functional team of software engineers, quality engineers, and systems analysts in DevOps delivery of a software platform
- Collaborate with delivery team and business stakeholders to design robust and reusable solutions, as well as facilitate the translation to technical designs
- Collaborate and influence proactive system monitoring practices and strategies to help identify issues prior to customer impact
- Promote a mindset and culture within the team that embraces identifying, owning, and solving issues, driving quality, improving performance, and improving the customer experience
- Estimate delivery effort, as well as effectively identify and prioritize high-value deliverables
- Assist in story definition, evaluation, translation, and business requirements gathering from product owners and business stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with peers and subordinates to drive efficient team delivery
- Collaborate in continuous planning with business stakeholders and other technology team leaders to ensure a successful delivery plan is available for business priorities
- Mentor software engineers and lead software engineering code quality and best practices (e.g., test best practices, design patterns, code smells, etc.)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience with Java
- 3+ years of experience with application persistence layers and related design choices (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with Git source control
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, and UI testing frameworks and methodologies (e.g., Spock, Jasmine, Jest, etc.) as part of software testing automation
- 3+ years of experience working with, and contributing to, the design of complex technical architectures in resilient and high-scalability environments
- Knowledge of modern agile processes and optimization
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina