To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Point, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Construction Quality Manager
NIKA • West Point, NY
Posted 29 days ago
Construction Quality Manager
If you’re an experienced leader with extensive construction background, we have an exciting opportunity for you at Keller Army Community Hospital (KACH) at West Point, NY. The Construction Quality Manager is a perfect role for someone who truly appreciates the beauty of a job well done and is committed to quality in everything they do. If this sounds like you, read on!
You’ll be responsible for evaluating schedules, work performance quality, safety oversight, and coordination effectiveness. You’ll perform documentation reviews for all repair and construction work in progress or in the planning stages at this critical healthcare facility serving our nation’s service members and their families.
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post in 2017, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We are revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof. When you become part of the NIKA team, you join an organization that encourages collaboration, vision and personal development.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field
- 10-15 years of construction/quality control experience.
- Familiarity with and proficiency in medical-specific codes and standards (NFPA 99 & 101), infection control procedures, and hospital interim life safety measures.
- Experience with high and low voltage electrical and control wiring is required.
- Knowledge of medical construction, including Joint Commission requirements, ILS measures, risk assessments, NFPA 99, NFPA 101 and AIA Guidelines for Design & Construction of HC Facilities. Special emphasis placed upon coordination efforts with customer, user groups, facility administrative, clinical and supervisory staff.
- Ensure conformance with NFPA codes, JCAHO standards, safety standards, and other agency criteria.
- Coordinate with facility infection control officers to insure compliance.
- Coordinate with facility safety officers to implement effective safety policies.
- Report compliance issues to COR or other applicable government official for action by the government.
- Monitor construction contractor quality control activities and make appropriate recommendations to COR for government action.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to include Facilities, Logistics, Med Maintenance, the construction contractor, Regional Facilities staff, DPW PM staff, and project-related Corps of Engineers staff. Be prepared to provide a written weekly report to government officials in order to apprise them of project status, as necessary.
- When not providing oversight of construction/repair efforts or conducting related coordination efforts, the contractor will work out of the West Point COE office, or work space designated by West Point contact.
- Ensure ER 1180-1-6 compliance:
1) Conduct constructability, operability & environmental reviews, as necessary
2) Conduct site plan-in-hand reviews
3) Review and approve the contractor’s Quality Control Plan, ensuring that the QC Plan provides for control of all features of the contract; that the QC function is adequately staffed and qualified to accomplish required tests; that definable features of work, tests, control and review are identified; and that the QC Plan complies with the specific requirements of the contract.
4) Utilize COE three-phase inspection process (prepatory, initial, follow-up) and document inspection results.
5) Participate in preconstruction meetings, coordination meetings, joint inspections, and the final inspection of the work, and perform unscheduled inspections, as necessary.
6) Monitor contractor’s procedures for deficiencies
7) Ensure work completed is acceptable and in compliance with applicable specifications, work plan requirements, codes and standards.
8) Prepare QA reports and distribute, as applicable
- Review Contractor daily Quality Control Reports for accuracy and contract compliance. Report to the Contractor any discrepancies for corrective action and document result of QC report reviews on the QAR report.
- Coordinate with medical treatment facility (MTF) personnel and other necessary entities in order to ensure effective coordination measures have been conducted by the Contractor for successful project execution.
- Immediately notify appropriate personnel (MST, COR, etc.) of any situations that may result in a contract dispute, require a modification to the contract, or require issuing a stop or cease work order to the Contractor. Maintain written records in support of these events.
- Review shop drawing submittals, system/equipment test reports, material samples, O&M manuals, as-builts, and manufacturer’s certificates for conformance with provisions prescribed in the contract. Recommend approval or disapproval, as applicable, for each item.
- Be available during times of all ongoing project-specific activities by pager or mobile phone, and be available to be on site when problems or issues arise.
- Ensure Contractor is complying with safety requirement and that all safety-related reports are promptly documented and corrective action implemented to eliminate deficiencies.
- Review and verify all requests for progress payments to ensure the request accurately represents work satisfactorily completed.
- Must be a US citizen capable of obtaining and holding a Department of Defense security clearance
NIKA is revolutionizing how businesses and governments design, build and manage real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture, services all under one roof, we are able to provide unparalleled value to our clients. With nearly two decades of experience serving organizations across the world, NIKA provides exceptional client service that is designed to enhance operational excellence and readiness while meeting mission objectives.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.