To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Accounting Now
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Now • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Compiles, assembles and records information required to produce timely and accurate Statutory and GAAP financial statements and other management reports. Assists, as required, in providing staff with necessary technical assistance consistent with the sound application of Statutory and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and established work procedures. Assists in developing processing systems to further enhance the service and growth opportunities of the Company.
1. Analyzes cash receipts and disbursements input into ledgers.
2. Analyzes premium, loss, loss expense and other data from computer reports and verifies entries
3. recording this information into the ledgers.
4. Assembles required information from various personnel throughout the Accounting Division to
5. prepare and record journal entries not produced from computer reports.
6. Questions all unusual entries prior to close of ledgers.
7. Evaluates certain computer reports and calculates reserves for IBNR, ALAE and ULAE.
8. Collects and analyzes direct premium data by state in order to calculate Premium Taxes due to each
1. College degree in Accounting or its equivalent in experience.
2. 6 years Accounting experience.
3. Working knowledge of Insurance Accounting.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of Statutory and GAAP Accounting.
5. Complete knowledge of all financial reporting requirements of the Financial Unit.
6. Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software.