Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function consult with customers, members, patients, providers, internal departments and/or external third parties on any or all of the following:- Consult with and coordinate initial set up and on-going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, including DURs, co-pay assistance, ancillary products, scheduling Pharmacist consults and/or RN visits, and liaison with provider offices on labs, refill orders and prior authorizations.
- Adding patient demographics, insurance, medication lists, and other necessary information to patient profiles
- Running test claims, documenting and submitting therapy based drug prior authorizations to benefit plans, proceeding with referrals when approved or denied, communicating with patients, physicians, and insurance representatives
- Scheduling shipments for patients when necessary
- Review and advise on medications and treatment plans (based on review of medical case notes, medication list and lab results) to improve outcomes and avoid potential drug interactions.
- Discuss with patients life issues affecting medication adherence and provide advice on improving drug regimen compliance.
- Advise patients on alternate Rx fill strategies of retail versus mail order and options for financial assistance.
- May outreach to providers on suspected medication abuse situations.
- Review medication regimen for disease state for LTC facilities/ hospice care / RN case managers / Medical Directors / clients and provide summaries and guidance on future medication plans. Advice may include alternate drug therapies, stopping a medication and/or lower cost alternative.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of pharmacy experience
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: healthcare, health care, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRx, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk
Maintain Indexed Record
Electronic Medical Record
Maintain Medical Record