Maintenance Mechanic 3Job Description
In the role you have the opportunity to:
Obtain a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic. The Latham MR Magnets facility is a manufacturing and development site for Magnetic Resonance Imaging magnets and other superconducting products used in Philips Magnetic Resonance Imaging and other customers. In this Maintenance Mechanic role you are responsible for preventative maintenance and troubleshooting facility equipment.
- Heavy focus on preventative maintenance, maintenance repairs and troubleshooting equipment.
- Under limited supervision, performs a variety of installations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic manufacturing equipment.
- Works primarily from general verbal instructions, but also from maintenance schedules, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals, and/or written instructions.
- Troubleshoot machine down situations in the factory and diagnose complex equipment failures including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic control systems and ensure timely corrective action
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Associates electrical degree or equivalent military training or certified apprenticeship preferred.
- Able to read schematics: hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, electrical (any or all)
- Able to multitask and troubleshoot equipment breakdown in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work overtime and weekends as necessary
- Knowledge of PLC’s preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of welding equipment preferred, but not required.
- Troubleshooting experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of vacuum systems preferred, but not required.
- 480-volt 3 phase experience preferred, but not required.
In return, we offer you:
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing our manufacturing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer:
- Competitive health benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Sign on bonus
- Fitness reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Climate controlled work environment
- Free parking
- Uniforms & safety shoe reimbursement
- Career Development opportunities
- Access to local well-being focused activities
Our benefits can be found here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Mechanic 3
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact
, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact
, option 5, for assistance.
Location: 450 Old Niskayuna Rd, Latham, NY 12110, USAContact
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
- Computer Control Systems
- Control Systems
- Complex Problem Solving
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
- Vacuum Systems