To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Covington, KY 41018
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Human Resources
MEGGITT • Covington, KY
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Human Resources Director leads and directs the Human Resources function generally within a large significant business unit or site. Designs, implements and monitors a variety of human resource programs, while ensuring its alignment with the organization's strategic objectives and legal requirements. Anticipates and plans for long-term human resource needs in partnership with business management.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Leads and directs the Human Resources Team, while ensuring its alignment with the organization's strategic objectives and legal requirements
- Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals, while preparing periodic reports for executive management to track strategic goal accomplishment
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes Human Resources services; maintains and provides current information on benefits such as retirement, insurance, etc.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for Meggitt with regard to employee relations; provides leadership, coaching and counseling, while driving a culture of growth, meeting commitments, and positive employee relations
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit; interviews management and executive-level candidates
- Defines Human Resources training programs, while providing necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports
- Oversees the implementation of business unit safety and health programs and monitors the tracking of required safety data
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs
- Manages staff selection, performance reviews, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities reach the business goals and expectations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience:10 - 15 years or relevant experience
- Aerospace and manufacturing experience required
- Functional expertise in all areas of human resources management including talent acquisition, employee relations, organizational development, compensation, benefits and compliance with government laws/regulations as appropriate for the business location
- Ability to anticipate internal or external business challenges/regulatory issues and make recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information/situations and documentation
- Ability to direct the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Demonstrates a high level of ethical behavior in exercising judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence while exercising sensitivity to the audience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].