COME BUILD YOUR FUTURE WITH PRESIDIO!
We know technology is the key to success in a connected world. The innovative solutions we provide our clients can unlock possibilities that transform their business. While technology permits that connection, technology without imagination and ingenuity cannot be effective. At Presidio, we know that it’s our people that make the connections happen.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Presidio is a leading IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions.
THE ROLE: Lead Cloud Engineer, AWS
Presidio is seeking a Lead Cloud Engineer to join our team in a remote capacity. The Lead Cloud Engineer is responsible for providing oversight for Tier 2 Engineering who monitor and manage the AWS cloud infrastructure of the Managed Services client base. The position has responsibility for daily operational tasks such as providing technical assistance to the on-shift engineers, incident escalation handling, and daily shift assignments and handoffs. For the Lead’s assigned shifts, they ensure customer SLAs and expectations are met through effective queue management and incident assignments. The Lead Engineer does not directly manage engineers but provides daily technical and process guidance to them and provides feedback to their Manager. This role will significantly contribute to the design, creation, and enhancement of the applications, infrastructure, and tools used by Presidio cloud engineers to monitor and manage the AWS cloud infrastructure of the Managed Services client base.
- Tackle the most challenging problems in distributed cloud and serverless computing.
- Develop new products and new solutions for Presidio Managed Services Operations.
- Provide strong leadership and daily work direction and mentorship to the engineering vertical.
- Serve as a technical escalation point to troubleshoot complex issues with clients’ cloud infrastructure, applications, and serverless functions
- Continuously develop technical skills to gain mastery with the established DevOps toolchain and stay current with new services and technologies.
- Embrace security-first, assumed breach methodologies to ensure client compliance and continuously improve client security posture.
- Assist with pre-sales calls with sales and clients.
- Work under minimal supervision and prioritize incoming work.
- Troubleshoot client issues via phone and remote access and provide root cause analysis.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of various engineering solutions.
- Provide feedback to management on process improvements and areas of concern.
- Be available while on-shift through several different venues – Instant Messaging, phone, emails and any new and acceptable methods of communication as deemed appropriate.
- Provide excellent customer service and remain calm and courteous during stressful situations.
- Communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Manage several projects simultaneously.
- Show leadership traits and foster a team atmosphere.
- Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule
- Other duties as assigned.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or equivalent Linux administration skillset
- Design and extend management capabilities in a multi-tenant, multi-account AWS environment
- Deep experience using AWS APIs, CLI, IaC to automate infrastructure
- Deep understanding of AWS IAM for designing, implementing, and maintaining least privilege access
- Define, architect, and build API services using AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Experience with infrastructure and application performance monitoring, centralized logging, and application error tracking
- Experience with software containers and related technologies, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, ECS, EKS
- Experience with load balancing and reverse proxy technologies
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
Additional Desired Skills:
- Previous experience in Administration and Operations roles
- Basic understanding of PCI, SOC2, and HIPAA compliance standards
- Knowledge of networking and application protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent work experience and/or military experience
- 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing DevOps solutions
- AWS Professional level certification
Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a leading global IT solutions provider assisting clients in harnessing technology innovation and simplifying IT complexity to digitally transform their businesses and drive return on IT investment. Our Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions enable our almost 7,000 middle market, enterprise, and government clients to take advantage of new digital revenue streams, omnichannel customer experience models, and the rich data insights generated by those interactions.
We serve as an extension of our clients’ IT teams, providing deep expertise and letting them focus on their core business. Within Presidio’s 40+ US offices and offices in Ireland, London, Singapore, and India, we support 2,800+ professionals, including 1,600 technical engineers. Presidio is a trusted advisor to our clients on a national level while also bringing our global scale and expertise to bear.
For more information visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Cloud Engineer, AWS
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Cloud Engineer, AWS (Get Acrobat Reader)
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Cloud Engineer, AWS for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Cloud Engineer, AWS.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies/3rd Parties may not solicit to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received from any Agency/3rd Party will be considered a gift and property of Presidio, unless the Agency/3rd Party is an Authorized Vendor of Presidio with an up-to-date Presidio Contract in hand signed by Presidio Talent Acquisition. No payment will be made to any Agency/3rd Party who is not an Authorized Vendor, nor has specific approval in writing from Presidio Talent Acquisition to engage in recruitment efforts for Presidio.
Process Improvements (Business)