Nautilus Solar Energy’s (“NSE”) Senior Accountant will involve a multitude of accounting and financial responsibilities in all areas of corporate accounting financial reporting, including general ledger and financial statement preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, budget activities and compliance with the wide range of financial reporting requirements. The Senior Accountant will interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization. The position is located in Summit, NJ but can be remote.
- Complete and maintain process documentation and ensure SOX 404 compliance (when applicable).
- Research, propose and help implement proper accounting procedures and policies in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with general ledger processing; prepare and enter month end and other required journal entries.
- Assist with preparation and review of monthly and quarterly financial statements and budgets.
- Prepare work papers and various reports for internal accounting and auditing.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up of significant variances.
- Assist with annual external audit and other examinations. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual audit.
- Assist with implementation and optimization of new accounting software.
- Aid in the standardization and documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement process improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Contribute to the Company’s special projects as assigned.
- 4-year degree in Accounting required.
- CPA license preferred.
- 5 plus years of experience in accounting field, public accounting strongly preferred.
- Background in the power industry strongly preferred.
- Experience deploying and implementing accounting platforms (including integration with ERP systems) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with intercompany transactions, consolidations, consolidated reporting
- Strong Excel, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system is desired, but not required.
- Team player with ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface with different levels and functions of the organization as well as external auditors.
- Ability to undertake complex tasks.
- Project oriented with a goal to complete assignments on time.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability) are 100% covered by Nautilus
- 401(k) offered with employer match
Please submit the cover letter with the resume to [ Link removed ]
Only fully vaccinated individuals will be permitted to travel, enter the office, or attend in-person meetings. This position is required to be available to travel less than 5% of the time. If an individual needs a reasonable accommodation from Nautilus’ policy, please contact [ Email address blocked ] .
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC (Nautilus) is creating a clean, sustainable future through a respected and passionate team of professionals. A pioneer in the rapidly growing solar industry, Nautilus’s employees form a strong supportive community. Nautilus is committed to creating and maintaining a culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion by practicing our beliefs of integrity, empowerment, and fairness. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment inspires employees’ creativity, drives innovation, and leads to success. Our employees are the strength of our brand, and we strive to hire quality candidates who will embrace and add to our resilient, resourceful, and entrepreneurial culture.
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- General Ledger
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles