Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Quality Analyst provides expertise in quality assurance planning for all departments, customers and suppliers. Identifies and assures all quality assurance requirements from product development through customer service are implemented, using the quality system, standards and regulations.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides expertise in quality assurance planning including: contract and design review, preparation of procedures, inspection and work instructions, checklists, corrective actions, as well as the maintenance and retention of records as required by contract.
- Identifies and makes provisions for the use of appropriate measuring and test equipment.
- Applies special knowledge and Initiates development and continuous improvement of quality processes and procedures.
- Performs failure investigations/analysis and failure reporting as well as product audits.
- Develops inspection standards for use by inspectors and suppliers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
Education: Post-Secondary Degree in Quality Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectation.
Certifications: Certified as Quality Auditor
Years Experience: 5 - 7 years of relevant experience
- NQA-1 experience preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience in QA and ability to act as a resource for colleagues.
- Solid experience in failure investigations/analysis and failure reporting.
- Skilled at solving complex problems; taking a new perspective on existing solutions; exercising judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Knowledge of how the products interface with mating parts, the critical nature of the product, and the consequence of its failure to perform to its intended function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.