To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vancouver, WA
- Holman Auto
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Associate General Counsel
Holman Automotive • Vancouver, WA
Posted 2 months ago
Who are we?
Holman Enterprises was founded on family values with a passion for customer satisfaction. Our success and ability to provide outstanding service for over 90 years is due to our most valuable resource…our employees. Now into the third generation of family leadership, Holman Enterprises is poised to continue its success for decades to come.
Holman Enterprises consists of six operating companies which include automotive dealerships across the country, a leasing and auto retail finance company, an auto parts distributorship, a truck up-fitting business, a full-service insurance brokerage and the largest privately-owned fleet leasing and management company in the country.
Holman Automotive has an outstanding opportunity for an Associate General Counsel to join the Holman family in Vancouver, Washington! This position will be responsible for supporting Holman’s national dealership group, and will report directly to the General Counsel and Senior Vice President for Holman Consumer Services.
What will you do?
- Partner with Holman Automotive and its management and central services teams to draft, negotiate, and review diverse transactional and business agreements which will include contracts with automobile manufacturers, vendors, landlords, and strategic partners
- Actively support the creation, implementation, and maintenance of legal compliance programs for Holman Automotive
- Partner with the Director of Compliance and General Counsel to enhance compliance programs nationally
- Manage litigation, investigations, and administrative proceedings with respect to consumer, employment, and other matters
- Manage and support transactions affecting retail operations including real estate acquisitions/dispositions, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate restructurings
- Actively support management to understand legal needs of the business
- Provide advice and resolve routine issues as well as consult with outside attorneys when complex legal questions arise that require special input
- Aid in identifying and mitigating risk in retail operations and partner with the General Counsel to enhance enterprise risk management
- Serve as liaison for external legal relationships and support legal relationships established by the General Counsel
- Support the Human Resources function on personnel matters that require legal guidance
- Assist the General Counsel on other matters including other Holman business units when requested
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited university
- Have passed the bar exam in a least one state (will need to secure Washington State House Counsel License if not admitted in WA)
- Minimum five year’s work experience in a law firm environment, preferably a large, multi-state, or national firm and preferably handling a variety of business and transactional matters including negotiated M&A, financings and corporate governance.
- Though not required, previous work experience as in-house counsel is preferred
- Excellent analytical, communication, legal research and writing skills
- Must be able to act independently with little or no direct supervision
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products and must be a fast and accurate typist
- Comfortable with learning and using SaaS applications and other apps.
The Holman Family Difference:
A warm and professional environment based on a foundation of family values and exceptional customer service. We offer competitive pay and incentives. Outstanding benefits for you and your family include medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401K retirement plan with company matching contribution, and a vehicle purchase program. In addition, we offer growth and development opportunities to help you advance your career.