To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Falls Church, VA
- HITT Contracting
- Phone: 703-289-9215
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Project Accounting Manager
HITT Contracting • Falls Church, VA
Posted 5 days ago
Project Accounting Manager
The Manager of Project Accounting will lead a team of Associates and Senior Associates responsible for business unit financials. This individual will report to the Director of Project Accounting and is responsible for reporting revenue and profit, forecasting, cash flow and risk, as well as the overall health of the project accounting teams.
- Responsible for the accurate reporting of financial results in accordance with GAAP and controls including revenue, profit and cash flow
- Prepare, distribute and maintain project-related financial reports
- Compile, analyze, and report data at the business unit level
- Continually assess and improve systems and manual processes related to project accounting
- Knowledge of internal controls (and their purpose) and ability to recommend changes and additions to policies / processes as needed
- Communicate, model and enforce Project Accounting and Company Policies and Procedures
- Serve as lead POC for internal audit; compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Communicates any potential risk to the Director and above
- Manage a forward-thinking view of departmental workload and capacity to drive optimum staff utilization and make staffing recommendations accordingly
- Train and support Accounting Associate & Senior Associate Staff
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience preferred.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of accounting experience
- Experience with JD Edwards or other comparable ERP solution including analytical tools (BI)
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from concept to implementation
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present and speak in public
- Ability to lead and mentor team members.
- Ability to influence change, efficiency and morale among team members.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with others
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds
HITT Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.