The Pinocchio Associate is a paraprofessional who is based in a public or private school setting. The Pinocchio Associate serves in an emotional and behavioral supportive role to children eligible for the program.
This position is in the Wentzville school district. This position follows a 9-month school schedule with breaks, holidays, snow days, and summers off. Pinocchio associates serve as a liaison between children/families and schools and provide early identification and early intervention services to students in Kindergarten to 3rd grade screened as being eligible for the Pinocchio Program.
This position is 32 hours per week and paid hourly.
• Screen all children in assigned school grades K – 3
• Provide direct and indirect observation of children screened as eligible for the program
• Coordinate and complete program eligibility process with appropriate school staff and potential program parents
• Weekly Pinocchio Sessions: develop a permanent weekly schedule with the school
• Attend all agency and program meetings at a frequency determined by Supervisor
• Link families to other Compass Health services as deemed appropriate
Direct Clinical Services
• Collaborate with families and systems to develop Pinocchio Child and Family Plans
• Meet with each child eligible for the program weekly; individually for 30 minutes or in a group no larger than 4 students for 45 minutes.
• Schedule two parent conferences during the academic school year
• Provide parenting education when appropriate. (Family System Model)
• Seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member.
• Maintain agreed upon level of productivity.
• Complete all mandatory documentation to monitor client’s progress towards achievement of individual treatment plan goals.
High School/GED required
Professional or practical history working with children preferred
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Pinocchio Associate
Advancement opportunitiesProfessional developmentLicensure supervisionMentor opportunitiesTuition reimbursementScholarship programEmployee Assistance ProgramHeadspace AccessPaid time off & Paid HolidaysNHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.