9NEWS Denver (KUSA & KTVD-TV) a TEGNA Media Company, is home to employees who demonstrate an urgent, passionate and unmatched commitment to lead and revolutionize information delivery across all platforms. It's also one of the fastest growing areas in the country, attracting and growing new business at a rapid pace.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by building collaborative relationships and providing customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products.
This in-demand position requires an energetic and strategic entrepreneur who will champion 9NEWS in the local market. As an Integrated Account Executive, you'll use a consultative selling approach to build relationships with business and you'll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sell a broad set of solutions from our extensive market-leading portfolio, such as:
- NBC affiliate (KUSA), strong independent (KTVD) and METV
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Targeted Display Advertising (Banner Advertising)
- Web Presence Optimization, including services for, Organic Search (SEO), -o- Social Media
- Marketing and Reputation Management
- A wide range of business services, including Analytics
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This account manager will be accountable for local television and digital revenue performance; working both strategically and tactically with other sales executives in the station and division.
- This individual is responsible for driving new television and digital sales (by assessing and facilitating the use of best practices in solutions based selling), up-sell of existing key account advertisers, while driving retention, and minimizing product cannibalization.
- A top priority of the position includes executing and delivery of digital sales goals for the TEGNA's Digital Marketing product suite.
- This individual needs to be adept at creating innovative multimedia recommendations that integrate proof of performance strategies, indicating engagement and interaction between the client message and potential customers.
- This executive will be responsible for developing and sustaining local digital seminars for their local market throughout the calendar year.
- The individual is accountable to performance by reviewing digital metrics, including forecasting to maximize opportunities and determine areas for improvement.
- The individual will network nationally, regionally, and locally to stay abreast of emerging digital trends, rates and product solutions.
- Minimum 5 years' experience selling television/digital/national preferred.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in marketing or advertising.
- Sales experience in television, digital or media industry preferred.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Excellent communicator who can communicate and sell ideas and solutions.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, One Domain, Wide Orbit Sales, Wide Orbit Traffic- (preferred) and qualitative data (Scarborough or Stowell).
- Documented record of exceeding activity and revenue goals.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Customer Relationship Management
Modify Spend Target
Deliver Compelling Sale Presentation