Alexandria Industries is a multifaceted manufacturer that goes beyond being a parts supplier. We make components that go into products people use everyday.
Since our founding in 1966, we have committed to helping customers create innovative manufacturing solutions that solve their product development challenges. We have achieved this by integrating the latest advancements in manufacturing and automation technology, focusing on continuous improvement strategies, and building a highly skilled workforce.
Guided by our values and a servant leadership mindset, we are dedicated to our customers, colleagues and communities.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for efficiently troubleshooting and repairing equipment and machinery throughout all departments in the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished.
- Respond safely and efficiently to maintenance and repair needs to equipment and machinery
- Ensure that safety is always the number one priority at Alexandria Industries; promote and support a safe work environment and safety oriented culture by following all safety programs and guidelines
- Conduct all processes and procedures in accordance with department guidelines
- Coordinate and schedule repairs needed on equipment with the area supervisor
- Communicate the repair schedule of equipment with all affected employees in the specific work area
- Troubleshoot, plan and execute repairs
- Locate, identify and prepare parts listed to complete repairs
- Provide support and training to less experienced team members when appropriate
- Write detailed preventative maintenance procedures and develop preventative maintenance schedules
- Document all repairs thoroughly
- Follow all safety programs and policies
- Keep work area clean and orderly using 5S system (standardize, sustain, sort, set in order and shine)
- As a member of the maintenance team, act as “emergency coordinator” - respond immediately to any workplace accidents that arise to tend to the tools and equipment involved
OTHER JOB DUTIES (Not considered essential to the job)
- Perform all other related assignments (including special projects) as required in a professional and cooperative manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Associates degree in Mechatronics or related program preferred
- 1+ years of experience in; programmable logic controller (PLC), computer numerical control (CNC), machining, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, plumbing, and machine repair maintenance OR
- 5+ years of maintenance related experience; mechanics, hands on repair, etc
Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to recognize safety concerns
- Ability to utilize the proper inspection equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong coordination and judgment skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to properly use appropriate measuring tools
- Alertness and careful attention is required to avoid injury to self and others
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and blueprints for machined parts and equipment
- Leadership training and skills are helpful
- Office equipment (computer, phone, printer, scanner, copier and fax machine)
- Various manufacturing tools, machines and equipment
- Measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, tape measure, etc.)
- Medical and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Spending Account, a robust Wellness Program, and a Family Health & Wellness Clinic (Alexandria location), provide our employees with valuable resources to help them care for their physical well-being.
- Our Corporate Chaplain and company prayer chain provide supportive resources for our employees' spiritual health and well-being.
- 401(k) retirement program with company match, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, Gainshare bonuses, and a Benevolent Fund to assist employees experiencing a temporary and unexpected financial hardship, all contribute to the financial health of our employees and their families.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, 8 hours of paid volunteer time annually, and an employee assistance program help employees maintain a work/life balance.
RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE!!! Submit your application to find out more.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Audio Equipments